Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OME front kit is installed!!!

Member Looking for Dirt

OME front kit is installed!!!

The OME front kit is now installed properly!!! Let me tell you the XK looks Bad Azz! Feels great on the road too. Definitely a change from the Daystar spacer lift. Its perfectly level at 35 7/8" ~ 36" all around. Pics soon to come!

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Awesome!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by xk2006 View Post
    The OME front kit is now installed properly!!! Let me tell you the XK looks Bad Azz! Feels great on the road too. Definitely a change from the Daystar spacer lift. Its perfectly level at 35 7/8" ~ 36" all around. Pics soon to come!
    Cool! Post some pics!
    Can you also measure from the fender lip down to the center of the wheel to give us the amount of lift without tires?
    06 Red Jeep XK 3.7L V6 QT1, RC 2" with 1/2", 1-1/4" Wheel Spacers, Rubicon Moab Rims, Grabber AT2 LT265/70-17, Rocky Road Supersliders, Fastman Throttle-body, K&N Cold Air Filter, JBA Headers, Front Tow Hooks, 2" receiver front & rear, Wired for winch front & rear, ARB Onboard Air, Trans Temp Gauge, Aux Trans Cooler, Sport Roof Crossbars, Skid Plates, RS5010 Rear Shocks, JKS 2034 Front & 2001 Rear Disconnects

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Cool. glad you finally got it setup right!

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdr jim View Post
    Cool! Post some pics!
    Can you also measure from the fender lip down to the center of the wheel to give us the amount of lift without tires?
    Finally came around to measuring. Im at 21 5/8" ~ 21 3/4" from the fender lip to wheel hub center.

Member Looking for Dirt
    I am going to the OME HD front coils and will be removing the RC spacer blocks, but that raises a question about the bump stop. If the OME coil springs provide the lift without the spacer blocks, and the spacer blocks actually lowered the bump stop, what is keeping the tires from going up deeper into the wheel wells? The coils in solid compression?
    06 Red Jeep XK 3.7L V6 QT1, RC 2" with 1/2", 1-1/4" Wheel Spacers, Rubicon Moab Rims, Grabber AT2 LT265/70-17, Rocky Road Supersliders, Fastman Throttle-body, K&N Cold Air Filter, JBA Headers, Front Tow Hooks, 2" receiver front & rear, Wired for winch front & rear, ARB Onboard Air, Trans Temp Gauge, Aux Trans Cooler, Sport Roof Crossbars, Skid Plates, RS5010 Rear Shocks, JKS 2034 Front & 2001 Rear Disconnects

The RC spacer only lowers the bump stop ~.5-.75". You can put a few washers there to do the same thing or use body spacers.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The RC spacer only lowers the bump stop ~.5-.75". You can put a few washers there to do the same thing or use body spacers.
    How is that possible? I'll have to measure the spacer, but I believe it is 1-7/8" long, placed between the upper strut mounting plate and the mounting surface on the inner fender. That would lower the bump stop down the same amount as the top of the strut.

Jim... sorry I thought you were talking about the rear bump stop.

Yeah for the front the bump stops are built into the strut and technically there's nothing stopping the suspension from fully compressing as much as stock when OME is installed whereas the RC spacer lift does produce more clearance at full suspension compression since the entire assembly is moved downwards.

Its one of the trade offs but doesn't seem to be a significant issue when put to actual use.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Its one of the trade offs but doesn't seem to be a significant issue when put to actual use.
    That makes sense, the spring rate on the OME HD coils, probably reduce the amount of spring compression upwards. Still it would be nice to have some drop down bump stops for peace of mind.

I"m getting ready to replace the front struts and found some old inventory front OME HD coils for $60 plus shipping from Toyota builder out in Utah, received them yesterday. Brand new in the box never used. So I figure I'd upgrade the suspension a bit. I'll have to buy HD's for the back, which I was planing on doing to help out with towing. It never ends.... While back there, I'm adding the 2" body spacer to the rear bump stops.

Question, on the front with the OME coils, since some of the strut stroke is now used to raise the Jeep, I also assume it shortens available the strut downward stroke compared to a spacer block lift. That probably is a good thing as well, with the front swap bar disconnected, it probably reduces or limits the angle the CV joint sees compared with a spacer block lift.
    Do you know how much travel downward you have, say measures from the center of the whell to the fender, with the front sway bar disconnected?
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information