Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Superlift System + Flashpaq - EGR Module???

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    Does the Egr adjust for a higher center of gravity due to lift/taller tires. I also have the flashpaq and am considering passing on the egr when I buy the SL. But I dont want to sacrifice one for the other
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XK N00b View Post
    Does the Egr adjust for a higher center of gravity due to lift/taller tires.
    That's one of the unkowns. It's a mystery right now whether it does anything beyond compensating for tire size (in addition to some other fancy features that have nothing to do with the lift).

Might make an account on the AEV forum to get some answers.....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    So matt.....looks like your gonna do the UCA/LCA when you do the superlift? I'd be glad to lend a hand!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    ...... I think a call to AEV is needed .....
    That would be my technique also....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1USMC View Post
    That would be my technique also....
    Im surprised this hasn't already been hashed out. Figured someone already went through it.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Well like I said my buddy jay is no longer using the AEV module without any issues. He used the Hypertech to program both new tire size and new gear ratio.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't already been hashed out. Figured someone already went through it.

Wow,,..... no fooling !!

If the Hypertech does cover everything needed that the AEV module does ( as its starting to sound like with the inputs here .. 07's friend Jay ..) that would be great news to pass out and save $ with !!! ( to late for me as the Superchip was a much later add on , once again , my luck.. Lol..)
    Last edited by 1USMC; 09-03-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1USMC View Post
    Wow,,..... no fooling !!

If the Hypertech does cover everything needed that the AEV module does ( as its starting to sound like with the inputs here .. 07's friend Jay ..) that would be great news to pass out and save $ with !!! ( to late for me as the Superchip was a much later add on , once again , my luck.. Lol..)
    But the superchips flashpaq does the same thing as the Hypertech if not more. So I don't see why it would matter which tuner you have as long as it corrects the speedo. Like I said I'm running 33's now with really no problem. Just every once and a while doing u-turns causes the traction control like to turn on. I usually hit the traction control button before I start to drive anyways which fixes the issue.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    The EGR module works 2 ways. THe first is a straight tyre size, gear ratio and other feature flash programmer. The second involves the re-tuning for want of a better word of the stability program. If you run without the EGR plugged in you have to disable the ESP via the button or the ESP program will kick an and brake wheels on most tighter corners as the extra height changes the COG and the forces that act on the sensors. I know I cannot run without the module, a simple 90 deg turn send the wheel braking mad and slow the Jeep to a crawl before letting it continue. With the module, i need to treat it like i stole it to get the same result, which is how it should be.

I know a couple of others have gotten away without the EGR, but i have never been able to. I know I have the GDE and EGR working with no problem on each other, but the GDE is a totally different type of tune.
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Quote Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
    The EGR module works 2 ways. THe first is a straight tyre size, gear ratio and other feature flash programmer. The second involves the re-tuning for want of a better word of the stability program. If you run without the EGR plugged in you have to disable the ESP via the button or the ESP program will kick an and brake wheels on most tighter corners as the extra height changes the COG and the forces that act on the sensors. I know I cannot run without the module, a simple 90 deg turn send the wheel braking mad and slow the Jeep to a crawl before letting it continue. With the module, i need to treat it like i stole it to get the same result, which is how it should be.

I know a couple of others have gotten away without the EGR, but i have never been able to. I know I have the GDE and EGR working with no problem on each other, but the GDE is a totally different type of tune.
    I understand what your saying, however when you program for the proper tire size, this fixes that issue that your explaining. I can bet that if you were to pull the AEV module and correct the tire size with some other means of tuning that you wouldnt have that issue anymore. So again, does the module really do anything besides correct the tire size to fix the problem. I think im going to call AEV tomorrow and have them explain to me exactly what it does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information