Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Awesome XJ! can't wait to see it in person
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I guess I should post something just to keep it current

It's still sitting in Matt's yard.. I was hoping to be able to flat tow it, but from day one it didn't return to center and would go to full lock when turning while it was in tow. First we figured it was the front locker, so out it came.. still didn't work. With some research we figured it was that the caster was way off, so Matt made a spacer but apparently the angle is still off so it needs at least one more spacer. Hopefully that will allow me to flat tow, since the steering wheel will want to return to center if the caster is correct.

I also haven't been able to register it since we moved and haven't closed on a house yet, so I can't be a resident of anywhere to be able to get a plate. Hopefully soon we'll be closing on a house so I won't be scared towing it 2+ hrs with no plates..

Unrelated to all of that, I'm starting my wish list...
    Diff covers - http://www.maxbilt.com/max-bilt-diff-cover.html

I still need to research and measure for some of the undercarriage protection, because I guess the transfer case cross member has 2 different lengths.

I'm hoping to run it at RC on the Oct 27th weekend, without any armor, so I guess I'll just figure out what needs to be the priority that way since I'll be running with all you daily drivers

Thread Information