Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best place to get upgraded LCA?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Hmmm. Bent LCA. I'd love to see pictures of that!!! If that really is the issue, get them from rock auto like Matt said. That's where I got mine. I went with the pair that was a little more expensive but there really is no difference. I wasn't even aware that MOOG made LCAs for our vehicles.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 09-04-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    No not at the shop I looked at the Spot where it connects to the frame & they look ok. The more I look at it does look kinda bent. I do the rock auto ones for both sides & go from there.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

On my phone leaving work now. I will take some pics & post.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

got home & crawled under it & it does look push back. So are going to order replacements for both sides, and be busy on saturday.

I also had a welder friend look under the XK & talked about some ideas for shielding to reduce the chances of damges like this in the future.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
    That must have been quite a hit, they are cast too so I would expect it to fracture before it bent!

I'd be checking the mounts to the subframe as well, especially the rear of the lca.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
    When this happened I was on a rocky trail with tree stumps & while watching for rocks I must of missed the tree stump. When I hit it, it sent me backwards maybe 3 ft. So yes it was a pretty good hit.

I will post pics once I get them off the jeep
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Ahhh, you drive like I do, all is clear! keen to see the pics, the lca is the only suspension component I haven't busted yet!

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Hmmm. Bent LCA. I'd love to see pictures of that!!! If that really is the issue, get them from rock auto like Matt said. That's where I got mine. I went with the pair that was a little more expensive but there really is no difference. I wasn't even aware that MOOG made LCAs for our vehicles.
    per the est that the shop gave me for the replacement this is the part # 042-295 for the ball Joint & CA961B for the LCA

will post pics of the old when I go to replace them
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    When this happened I was on a rocky trail with tree stumps & while watching for rocks I must of missed the tree stump. When I hit it, it sent me backwards maybe 3 ft. So yes it was a pretty good hit.

I will post pics once I get them off the jeep
    lol is there video if that one?!?!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Hey bro I did the same exact thing you did missed a rock hit it so hard it physically hurt. My tire was pushed back at least 1" as well. It was the ball joint that was messed up the lower one. So I replace my lower ball joint realigned it all is good. Mine or the shops biggest problem was my lca bolts are all chewed up LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    lol is there video if that one?!?!
    no videos, I wish I had some. I was driving. we had about 30 rigs running trails together. so no real time for spotters & taking videos or we would be all day on one trail. but if you want to get an idea of the trails I was on until I can post pics that I have from the weekend. look up Firebrake 5 & Rocky Uphill @TSF in OR.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information