Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me pick out wheels

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Help me pick out wheels

Figured I'd start a separate thread so this isn't buried in my 50 page garage thread.

Looking at wheel options.... i'm going with an 18" so I can run ~5.5" backspace and not have to worry about tie rod interference. Ideally i'd like 8.5" wide with 5.5" backspace to help run wider tires (keep them a bit further from the firewall). NOTE that I'm looking for a wheel to run with. 5.5" lift (modified superlift) and probably 305/60/18 tires.

The rig (obviously pre-superlift):

Ultra Crusher: 18x8.5 with either 5.2" (+10mm) or 5.75" (+25mm) backspace

Fuel Throttle: 18x9 with either 5.5" (+14mm) or 5.75" (+20mm) backspace

Gear Alloy Dominator: 18x9 5.4" backspace (+10mm)

Its hard to find wheels I like in the needed width/backspace. Especially since manufacturers don't seem to have details of their wheels readily available.

Feel free to comment with opinions on what you think will go best with my rig. I'm going with the "classy but capable" look.... the XK cleans up nice, but looks like it means business.

And if you guys happen to find other wheels to suggest, let me know!

EDIT:

To save about 4 pages of reading.... i'm near positive I'll be ordering these:

Last edited by Matt; 09-12-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Still digging the fuel throttle. When do you intend to get the wheels?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    1) Ultra's- clean but rugged look with the rivets, machined insert sets off chrome accents on the XK
    2) Gear's- more rugged look but still holds a classier style
    3) Fuel's- I dont like these at all, to busy, to bold and horrible center cap

I like either 1 or 2 you cant go wrong with either, throw the fuel's out!! hahaha
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Yeah the centercap of the Fuels has me rethinking that one.... if it had a cleaner center hub look I think I'd like the styling because its different than the generic "spoke" look of the other wheels.

Corey, not until after the superlift. I want to get my ride height all figured out first. Since I'm running 17s now If need new tires too if I wanted to out them on before the lift which wouldn't make sense (unless I find a nice set of used 18" tires)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar
    Ultra's look the best.

It would be cool if the spoke colors of the Ultras were reversed.....

These arent the Crushers but similar and I believe this is what you are referring to..

you could buy the all black ones and plastidip whatever you want til you get the right look
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Exactly..... that spoke color combination on the Ultras would be perfect. This particular wheels you posted I don't like (don't think they come in the sizes I'm looking at).... but that gets the point across.

Yea Im not a fan either just posting what you were referring to.. I actually like the Crushers alot, Im not sure which wheels Im going with when the time comes, was going to do Rockstars but not sure anymore. I plan on painting the wheels matte green and my thought was the chrome/polished parts of the Rockstars will bring out the chrome accents. When it comes to wheels my opinion is to bring out certain this on the car, like Adam did going black wheels, black snorkel with his black trims and windows. I think if you did the all black Crushers, then painted the parts white/silver that you wanted it'd look sick!!

That was exactly my reason for picking these styles of wheels out. Don't Want all black, I like the machine accents to jive with the vehicle trim.

Will definitely look into the all black Crushers and painting them. ...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information