Thread: On Board Air

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    The mounting was straight forward, I think I would consider using a plate on the top of the cargo compartment like I did with my battery, and perhaps place some rubber etc. between the plate and the top of the deck for sound and vibration attenuation. I can hear the compressor, and I think the rubber insulators for the feet are OK, but I think I could have done better.

Now from the tank to where ???? I considered many different locations and mounting options for the hose connection. Even some flush mounts. I changed my mind many times over the many months I ,( yes ), work very slowly on my projects. I ended up with going the easiest and quickest route. The driver’s side rear, closest to the tank. .....Lower left corner of the photo below....

Any none braded hose, I wrapped with a hose protector. Above.. ^^^^

I also have Ideas ( and I am open to more ) to install a metal screen type protector to cover this area and protect it from limbs etc.

The mount for the actual hose connection was made with a couple of sheets of left over aluminum. Sometime I will replace them with a much stronger mount. I was surprised how much force is needed to connect a 3/8 hose to a 200 psi connector in a small awkward location.

The cover is a PVC pipe cap sprayed with bed liner, inside and out, until it fit very snugly.

Now from this ....>>>

.......... To this …… >>>

.......... To this ......... >>>

.......... To this ........... >>>

Last edited by 1USMC; 09-13-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Thread Information