Thread: Commander’s Emergency Lights...etc…

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar

Commander’s Emergency Lights...etc…

This thread perhaps, may be of interest to only a very small minority of forum members.

My Commander replaced my primary emergency response vehicle ( 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee , I still have... ) for a Fire Rescue Department I am a member of. I have seen and heard of too many first responders being needlessly injured or killed while they are responding to or after they arrive on an emergency scene. Proper emergency lighting unfortunately doesn’t always protect us.. but it can help.

I was going to wait to post this until my project is complete with the driving, scene and emergency lights that will go on my roof rack. The wiring, fuses, relays and diodes are complete; the rack was ordered in February and over 7 months later, still not delivered. So hopefully I will “complete” this project and update this thread sometime in the future.

..........This is how my Commander is outfitted for emergency operations…...

My most important and cherished light controller is my flexible red/white lens reading light !

The rest of the lights, PA and siren control are controlled by a Whelen HHS220 hand held computerized controller. The guts are mounted under the passenger's seat.

Sound..This is my speaker/ siren and where I mounted it. I made two brackets with a 90 deg bend on one end.

Strobe lights have advantages and disadvantages.

To install them, drilling holes in my lights had me a little uneasy, so I practiced on my 1974 Dodge Van’s extra tail lights.

I used the front turn/marker lights because I thought it would give me the best coverage/angle.

So a hole was drilled here…..

Now two….

Strobe installed ……

Last edited by 1USMC; 09-14-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Thread Information