Thread: Quick Question On What Order To Do These In

Senior Member Getting Dirty ItsMeKO3's Avatar

Quick Question On What Order To Do These In

Hey guys. I just Seafoamed my Jeep last week, and had an oil change on Monday. I've got a new air filter, pcv valve, spark plugs, serpentine belt, and I'm also going to clean the throttle body. My question is, should I do these in any certain order? Or does it not matter? Appreciate any input.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Are you doing this in one day?? When you do the TB be careful, spray on the rag and wipe with rag, I would even take off and unplug electrical connections. I wouldnt think an order matters
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

I was planning on doing it all one evening after work, but if there were some reason I should only do this and wait on that, I could spend a few evenings doing it. I did plan on taking the throttle body right off to clean it. Haven't decided what to use on it yet. I've read brake cleaner, carb cleaner, TB cleaner, alcohol, and a couple others...

2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    You can do it in any order honestly, if youre going to have the intake off to replace filter/clean tb, itd be a good time to do everything then as itd make it easier.. Depending on how dirty it is Id use alcohol on a rag to clean it
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Awesome. Thanks for the help. Hopefully it will all go smooth lol.

2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeKO3 View Post
    air filter, pcv valve, spark plugs, serpentine belt, and I'm also going to clean the throttle body. My question is, should I do these in any certain order?
    Depending on when you do this work, the last thing I would do is the spark plugs to help give the engine some time to cool off. Don't want to do a tune up on a hot engine.

While you have the intake off for the TB cleaning, you'll be able to access the serp belt easier. So might as well throw the belt on after you clean the TB, and before you put the intake back on.

Other than saving yourself a few minutes here and there, there's no reason any of them need to be done in a specific order.

Thread Information