These HD UCA's don't have heim joints. Heim Joints are spherical bearings with an integrated rod end. That's why heim joints are regularly also called "rod ends" . The bearings used are plain spherical bearings with a PTFE liner. This means that there is a teflon coated fabric in between the housing and the ball. No lubrication is required for this bearing and they are very easy to replace. These bearings are for sale all over the internet at several offroad racing stores. I have located a manufacturer and thru their distrubutor I can get the bearings and missalignments bushings. Also the poly spacers, bushings and pins can be replaced. I can get these from HM Engineering at any time. In short, all parts can be replaced and I can get those at any time.

I still have to install the UCA's on my XK but what I know from other members who has them, the alignment is not an issue. Best is to install the UCA's together with a lift so you do the alignment at one time. Since most of the members already have the lift installed you'll might have to get an extra alignment performed. This you also have to do if you install other upgrade UCA's.

Tom, did you do a new alignment on your XK once you had installed these?