Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dupli-Color Perfect Match Paint

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Dupli-Color Perfect Match Paint

Has anyone used this stuff before?

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/perfectMatch/

My front bumper is looking kind of beat/discolored. I was thinking of trying this to freshen it up. If it works well then I'd probably use it when i get steel bumpers as well.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    My buddy who does paint correction and high end detailing uses http://drcolorchip.com/ for all his touchup paint orders.

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    Have you tried the dealer? Idk how many things you need to touch up but I got a tube from the dealer for really cheap and it's a perfect match
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Senior Member Getting Dirty oleblue27's Avatar
    Sorry isn't realize you we're gona be doing the whole bumper
    06 4.7 | Modded 6" Lift | JBA 6" Coils | Rustys Rear UCA's | Fox Shocks | JBA UCA's | Gibson Catback w/ FM S44 Muffler | K&N CAI | Hypertech | 4.56 Gears | Powertrax Locker | Autolite Iridiums | Mobil 1 (engine&diff) | 34" BFG AT's | 20x9 Ultra Gauntlet | EBC Dimpled&Slotted Rotors | Hawk Ceramic Pads | Blue Interior LED's | Husky Floor Liners | VVME 8000k HID | Pioneer AVH-P8400BH | Tinted LED Tail Lights

Yeah im basically looking for something to do big areas, like complete bumpers. I already have one of the touch-up bottles from the dealer which is OK for small scratches.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Its going to be very difficult on a white XK especially since you're not as OCD about it as I am, not criticzing but it if you were to paint your bumpers, they would be a diffrerent color than your whole XK, unless you did a complete clay, compound buff polish and wax with it. Also a cheaper way to go is buy compound and do it yourself. If you want Ill walk you thru the steps, it would save you $$$ but take some time and elbow grease.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Yeah i wax it twice a year but never took clay bar or compound to it. When i get steal bumpers I've also thought about not trying to match them perfectly and going with more of a matte; something easier to touch up.

If you plan on swapping bumpers, dont waste the $$$ on paint, if you were to clay and.or compound bumpers you'd notice a world of difference. Its pretty easy to do and will bring out the white again. If you were to do the whole XK, it would look brand new just be prepared to spend a better half of a day putting some TLC and elbow grease. If you want Ill do a write up with video on the steps to show how to do it, again its pretty easy just time consuming.
    When it comes to the matte bumpers, I think itd look great and you have it easier being a white XK the matte bumpers will fit right on it.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Swapping bumpers may be a ways off.... so would definitely appreciate a how to. My front is in really bad shape.

Ok no problem, Ill do a write up this week. I have to get down to the parts store to see what is available for compound so I can recommend which to buy. Ill do a compound scratch removal video at the same time then a clay bar video with wax write after. Keep in mind steps will be wash, clay, compound then wax.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information