Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wrinchin hobo's garage

wrinchin hobo's garage

07 Jeep Commander sad to say....my wife's daily driver. But that's ok. The wife like's camping, off roading, and mods. Course that means that my car and project car get seriously neglected. It's a limited package with the dark tan leather/charcoal color interior with heated seats, dvd navi, sunroof, rear entertainment which only plays cartoons for some reason, and a RECARO racing child seat in the second.

While working at a performance shop here in H-town I lifted the jeep. It's a Rock Krawler 3.5" lift and it gets the job done. Course the rear lift was only about 2" and front was almost 3" but it does very well off road for a stock suspended SUV.

Here it is stock.

lifted

look at the positive camber!!!!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Nice garage, nice diggs!

Lifted, tires and ummmm "bumper delete kit"

And this is why you never dyno a jeep with an inexperienced dyno operator. He didn't know how to get the transfer case to "kick out" which is how we used to do it at Hennessey. But if I had remembered how it was done the dyno graph wouldn't have looked this bad. Unfortunately I never had a chance to try this again as I didn't get much time on the dyno for play. lots of customers cars...

Of course the blips on the dyno graph did tell me the jeep was detonating somewhat so I switched to a one step colder NGK iridium plug. Which any 5.7 or 6.1 car I built with more than just bolt ons received.

Last hemi I built.

meth nozzles

poly mounts i manufacture for the late model lx/lc hemi cars. these are the awd mounts actually which I have yet to have tested. The rwd mounts look a bit different.

Looks like my rear bumper is getting closer.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Very cool, Your XK looks a lot like mine
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Can I make the assumption that Doc is using your commander to build his rear bumper?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    yup! i couldn't drive to texas to build a bumper & he couldn't drive to phoenix to get one done, so i called up with a "hey buddy". but that was the agreement from the beginning that i could use it for the 2nd gen bumpers.
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information