Thread: Purdy new thang

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar

Purdy new thang

Guess since I am still a lifetime member, I will share a photo of my new rig. It's been done for some time like this, but work has me chasing my tail and what little time I do get off I try and stay away from the computer.

2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Very nice! If I ever have to give up the XK, I'm going to get something like your setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Looks awesome man!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    If I ever do downsize from the XK this is the direction I will be going as well.

Really nice
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    In about 10 years the XK will have run its course and the kids will be old enough to ride in a vehicle without a top on it.... hopefully they'll have a V8 available in a 4 door wrangler by then and that'll be my next jeep!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    In about 10 years the XK will have run its course and the kids will be old enough to ride in a vehicle without a top on it.... hopefully they'll have a V8 available in a 4 door wrangler by then and that'll be my next jeep!
    Agreed. I think when the XK is finished I will look at my other jeep options lol i.e. JK or WK
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Lookin' good!
    How do you like it compared to your old XK?
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Honestly? I miss the XK for several reasons. The JK is nice and the new V6 is pretty amazing, but there is still something about the XK that felt more refined and stable. I think the IFS on the XK blows away the solid front axle on the JK's. I took it on a 4500 mile excursion to bring my daughter to University in NY, then to MI and finally home. It did well on an MPG basis, but still - not the same comfort. I will say its pretty amazing off road. I don't think I will ever have the nads to test it to it's limits. - OH and my daughter would not talk to me for a few weeks after selling the XK hahahahaha!
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Thread Information