Thread: Just ordered OME HD lift, what else?

Member Looking for Dirt

Just ordered OME HD lift, what else?

Just wanted to know some opinions on other hardware I should be replacing (front and rear) while I am doing this lift.. I am going to hold off on the UCA's for now but is there anything else I should get to save me time later down the road while it is already apart? Thanks in advance..
    Here is a before picture, almost looks lowered lol
    Last edited by peteyturbo; 10-10-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I asked the same question awhile ago, here's the thread with lots of part numbers and info
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...else-is-needed

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyturbo View Post
    Just wanted to know some opinions on other hardware I should be replacing (front and rear) while I am doing this lift.. I am going to hold off on the UCA's for now but is there anything else I should get to save me time later down the road while it is already apart? Thanks in advance..
    Here is a before picture, almost looks lowered lol
    Love the color, are headlights painted on the inside?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I would recommend a Rusty's Rear Adjustable track bar. Its not needed but will get your rear axle aligned back to where it should be. Without it the rear axle pushes out to the driver's side due to the oem track bar mounts being on the driver's side frame and passenger side of the axle. Other then that if you feel the need you can replace the upper and lower coil isolators front and rear depending on how bad your current ones are. I just got the rear upper and lowers for my buddy from the dealer and if I recall the total cost was around $20 for all four.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I asked the same question awhile ago, here's the thread with lots of part numbers and info
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...else-is-needed
    Thanks I knew I saw it somewhere but my search was not catching it!!

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Love the color, are headlights painted on the inside?
    Yes I took them apart and painted them, it was a horrible experience

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I would recommend a Rusty's Rear Adjustable track bar. Its not needed but will get your rear axle aligned back to where it should be. Without it the rear axle pushes out to the driver's side due to the oem track bar mounts being on the driver's side frame and passenger side of the axle. Other then that if you feel the need you can replace the upper and lower coil isolators front and rear depending on how bad your current ones are. I just got the rear upper and lowers for my buddy from the dealer and if I recall the total cost was around $20 for all four.
    I always wondered what the track bar was for. I will probably install that with the UCA's within the next month or so for the "final alignment". I plan on replacing all of the isolators for sure..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Im sure your headlights were a pain but it looks awesome man; cant wait to see your xk w/ lift

Member Looking for Dirt
    I ordered new spring isolators all around as well as the strut mounts (all moog), now I just need bump stops.. Anyone know where to get a full set from one place for a good price?
    I will also have a set of 1.5 spacers from a friend in a few weeks The fiance is in the phillipines right now and I am going to surprise her with this when she gets back since it is technically her car. The good news is I know she wanted a lift
    Last edited by peteyturbo; 10-11-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyturbo View Post
    I ordered new spring isolators all around as well as the strut mounts (all moog), now I just need bump stops.. Anyone know where to get a full set from one place for a good price?
    I will also have a set of 1.5 spacers from a friend in a few weeks The fiance is in the phillipines right now and I am going to surprise her with this when she gets back since it is technically her car. The good news is I know she wanted a lift
    The fronts you can get from www.rockauto.com or dealer for $15 a piece or you can reuse the ones you have if you dont mind taking apart the old strut assembly. You dont need rear bump stops, you reuse the ones you have.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Thread Information