Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: theultimatejeep forum has been DEAD lately!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb

Been busy FINALLY (after 6 years) getting my '92 Ramcharger restored and modded. 4 1/2" lift and 36" M/T's are finally under it, as well as new brakes. Brake lines and fuel line are being replaced now. Cutting out the lower rear quarters and welding in some new ones is next - then it gets stripped down to the bare metal, sanded, primered, & painted. The underbody is being rhino-lined - the frame bead-blasted & powdercoated. Custom rear bumper/tire/jack/jerry can carrier is installed - custom front bumper is now fabricated and spot welded - getting it finished and installed is next.

Tax refund goes to new ring & pinion sets, and a transpak & shift kit this spring. Engine rebuild is being detailed and scheduled. Ditto for the interior work (needs a new headliner right away - damn thing is drooping badly in the cab). I'm thinking of tearing out all the carpet and rhino-lining the entire floor, so you can HOSE it out! Going with some sort of faux leather, that cleans up much easier than cloth, for the seats also.

If I EVER get my computer back from the shop , I'll load some pics for everyone to drool on. Even when it starts rolling again, it's gonna be a slow work in progress, but our Boy Scout War Wagon might actually be road-worthy before the twins finish Cub Scouts!!!

And that's MY excuse!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar
    Nice cant wait to see pics of it

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Even when it starts rolling again, it's gonna be a slow work in progress, but our Boy Scout War Wagon might actually be road-worthy before the twins finish Cub Scouts!!!

And that's MY excuse!
    My son is 5.5 y/o, and my excuse for getting a Super lift under the XK is to take him camping with the Boy Scouts!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    My son is 5.5 y/o, and my excuse for getting a Super lift under the XK is to take him camping with the Boy Scouts!
    Since the Ramcharger's taken so long to restore, that was my excuse to buy the Commander!

Hope to keep both when I'm done - my oldest is a Boy Scout - the twins are still Cubs.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Member Looking for Dirt JumpmasterRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Get tapatalk, you will love it.
    Just did and yes I do... I shouldn't have waited so long. LOL

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
    2008 4.7 Liter XK Limited 4x4 | RC 2" Suspension Lift | MB TKO Wheels

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information