Thread: Bending stainless

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar

Bending stainless

Can anyone suggest what's the best way to bend 1/8" stainless steel without a press?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    The way I bend thin metal (like yours) without a press or a brake, is using a bottle jack against a hard surface (frame rails of jeep, trailer hitch, etc.). Get a bottle jack, or a floor jack, and a piece of wood that is the same angle you'd like to bend the metal, place wood on top of jack and then place metal on top of wood. Pump up the jack until the metal bends to your specifications. You may have to adjust several times and take it slow.

Other than this you'd have to carry it to a shop and ask them to bend it.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    a vise and a torch till it glows red

Thread Information