Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S3 wins

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Played with the phone some more today and really like the features of ICS; so much though that I can live with the stock launcher on this phone (had to download LauncherPro on my Galaxy S).

One feature I really like is the app folder. So instead of filling screens & screens with apps, Im only running a few main screens and one of them has a "tools" folder and a "games" folder. Makes finding things much easier.

I just have to figure out how to edit the apps in the lock-screen shortcut and I'll be good.
    Cool man, let me know if you figure anything else out lol there's a lot in these phones.

I only play a few games so I have a screen dedicated to them. I love having one screen dedicated to the nice big calender widget! its sweet.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah i have a screen dedicated to the calendar widget as well! Do you use gmail calendar? I have mine, my wifes and our facebook calendar synced so I see everything on that one screen.

I have another one dedicated to Emails with the gmail widget so I can preview, another screen dedicated to multimedia, and then the last one with Apps (where the folders come in handy).

Yeah i have a screen dedicated to the calendar widget as well! Do you use gmail calendar? I have mine, my wifes and our facebook calendar synced so I see everything on that one screen.

I have another one dedicated to Emails with the gmail widget so I can preview, another screen dedicated to multimedia, and then the last one with Apps (where the folders come in handy).
    No I don't use Gmail calender but thats great you sync'd everything. I love the capabilities of these phones lol thats why you feel lost without it!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

I gotta get you to drink the koolaid dude... gmail contacts & gmail calendar is the way to go!

I gotta get you to drink the koolaid dude... gmail contacts & gmail calendar is the way to go!
    Do you use Gmail as your primary email? right now my important email is my Comcast email. The only reason I made a Gmail was for when I first got my GS1
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Yeah... i only have two email accounts. Gmail is my primary and is basically myname@gmail. My other one is an optonline email that doesnt have my name in it... that ones used for situations where I dont want people to know my name (like craigslist adds).

By using gmail to organize your contacts, you never have to transfer the #s to your phone. Once you sign in to your gmail account with your android phone all of the contacts are linked.

Yeah... i only have two email accounts. Gmail is my primary and is basically myname@gmail. My other one is an optonline email that doesnt have my name in it... that ones used for situations where I dont want people to know my name (like craigslist adds).

By using gmail to organize your contacts, you never have to transfer the #s to your phone. Once you sign in to your gmail account with your android phone all of the contacts are linked.
    Isn't that another form of backup assistant w/ Verizon? when I bought the GS3 I transferred my contact in the store in about 2 minutes from backup assistant
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

manufacturers have methods to transfer contacts... but i like the fact that my contacts are not part of my phone or phone service. I could change from AT&T to Verizon to T-Mobile and it wouldn't matter since my contacts aren't affiliated with any of their services.

aah okay I got you now. I have been meaning to eventually switch emails just because if you do not maintain a comcast account your email goes bye bye :P

Although I cannot survive without Comcast during baseball season
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Member Looking for Dirt JumpmasterRT's Avatar
    I'd be lost without these. This is another reason I prefer Google over Apple.

Every phone upgrade was as easy as entering my email address at setup. It never skipped a beat and I didn't have to back up ANYTHING. (well, I didn't HAVE to, but I backed up some SMS).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information