Thread: NJ Relief

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Good to hear!!! whats wrong with the XK, something caused by storm?
    Nothing to do with the storm but it will not start just before the storm. I will climb under there tommorrow and check the Starter Harness.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    My company put as many drivers as we could spare to run supplies east. We put so many drivers on it were having troubles covering our other customers. I'm running safety gear and protective clothing east right now. Don't have a lot of time to get on here right now I'm running pretty hard I should be sleeping right now LOL. I had to go all the way to northern IL for this stuff. I'm taking it to eastern PA then handing it off we have drivers staged to take the loads the rest of the way in so drivers like me can burn back west to get more and head back east again. I hope everything works out for all you guys over there were thinking of you guys.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Driving home today, coming across Route 195 (highway that goes directly across center of the state) my wife and i were playing a game.... seeing if we could identify the license plates of all the utility trucks we were passing.

It was a VERY humbling feeling seeing utility trucks from Indiana, Kentucky and even a few from Texas heading East in our state to do work and help rebuild peoples infrastructure.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    That's awesome man, we run into so many assholes during the course of a given week; but there still are a great number of really good people out there.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    That's awesome man, we run into so many assholes during the course of a given week; but there still are a great number of really good people out there.
    I've been hauling balls LOL to get east as fast as possible. I was even running at the shippers instead of walking and cut my bathroom stops in half I'm pretty dehydrated right now LMAO. I even ate my lunch while walking back to the truck. There are a lot of us doing what we can to resupply the east coast but it's going to take time. With so much wiped out the amount of cargo that needs to go east is mind boggling. The government could help speed things up but they would have to suspend some of the laws we operate under but I don't see that happening. I know NJ suspended the fuel truck tax and register so they could move faster. but that only helps with fuel. It does nothing for everything else that's needed like food and water generators what have you.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    That's awesome though man! and yes I do not see them suspending the laws unfortunately :/

It is nice to see so many people coming together to help.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Well guys I thought Id report on my adventure Saturday, a full 24 hrs we worked and gave out supplies. It was very difficult to see what these people are going thru. The people couldnt have been any more grateful giving us hugs and thanks because they arent getting any help. Red Cross and FEMA are bull****, they arent helping at all. These poor people lost everything and absolutely no govt aid is at hand. Its heartbreaking to hear the stories I did and see the things we saw. We have a great contact with people who are running relief efforts and will continue to help as much as we can. We plan another trip after Thanksgiving as these people need it. the devastation wass abosultely breathe taking in the worst way and no one is hearing about it on the news. We as citizens and Americans must help these people! They are arming themselves from looters, writing on their houses "If you loot we will shoot". They have no power so at night these scum go out and steal from already hurting people. Its abosultey sickening to think what our govt gives away to other countries during disasters but they cant even help their own. excuse me if I seem bitter but its pissing me off. the local PD is overwhelmed. there has to be more prescense and I will continue to spread the word any way possible. Please help anyway you can. I will post a link to our donation page. We are taking monetary donations we can buy supplies the people are telling us they need. There has to been more our own govt can do. Anyone whose supported our president saying he's for the people, well where the hell is he at?!?! Guys again Im sorry for the rant, but what I saw has changed me forever, Im not preaching just want people to know what reaity is and what the news will not show...
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thread Information