Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NJ Relief

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Driving home today, coming across Route 195 (highway that goes directly across center of the state) my wife and i were playing a game.... seeing if we could identify the license plates of all the utility trucks we were passing.

It was a VERY humbling feeling seeing utility trucks from Indiana, Kentucky and even a few from Texas heading East in our state to do work and help rebuild peoples infrastructure.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    That's awesome man, we run into so many assholes during the course of a given week; but there still are a great number of really good people out there.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    That's awesome man, we run into so many assholes during the course of a given week; but there still are a great number of really good people out there.
    I've been hauling balls LOL to get east as fast as possible. I was even running at the shippers instead of walking and cut my bathroom stops in half I'm pretty dehydrated right now LMAO. I even ate my lunch while walking back to the truck. There are a lot of us doing what we can to resupply the east coast but it's going to take time. With so much wiped out the amount of cargo that needs to go east is mind boggling. The government could help speed things up but they would have to suspend some of the laws we operate under but I don't see that happening. I know NJ suspended the fuel truck tax and register so they could move faster. but that only helps with fuel. It does nothing for everything else that's needed like food and water generators what have you.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    That's awesome though man! and yes I do not see them suspending the laws unfortunately :/

It is nice to see so many people coming together to help.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Well guys I thought Id report on my adventure Saturday, a full 24 hrs we worked and gave out supplies. It was very difficult to see what these people are going thru. The people couldnt have been any more grateful giving us hugs and thanks because they arent getting any help. Red Cross and FEMA are bull****, they arent helping at all. These poor people lost everything and absolutely no govt aid is at hand. Its heartbreaking to hear the stories I did and see the things we saw. We have a great contact with people who are running relief efforts and will continue to help as much as we can. We plan another trip after Thanksgiving as these people need it. the devastation wass abosultely breathe taking in the worst way and no one is hearing about it on the news. We as citizens and Americans must help these people! They are arming themselves from looters, writing on their houses "If you loot we will shoot". They have no power so at night these scum go out and steal from already hurting people. Its abosultey sickening to think what our govt gives away to other countries during disasters but they cant even help their own. excuse me if I seem bitter but its pissing me off. the local PD is overwhelmed. there has to be more prescense and I will continue to spread the word any way possible. Please help anyway you can. I will post a link to our donation page. We are taking monetary donations we can buy supplies the people are telling us they need. There has to been more our own govt can do. Anyone whose supported our president saying he's for the people, well where the hell is he at?!?! Guys again Im sorry for the rant, but what I saw has changed me forever, Im not preaching just want people to know what reaity is and what the news will not show...
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    It was just like that when I worked disaster relief in San Fransisco. Disasters bring out the best in some people and the worse in others.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Its just really sad. some of the looters have no reason to be there, they are targeting generators. One lady we met has 6 families, 60 people in her home. There was a group of 50 russians that we going thru the nieghborhood looting homes and taking generators, luckily one of the families is a cop and started firing at them to get them to leave, absolutely heartbreaking!! I just wish our govt would do more, its ridiculous what we do for other countries and cant even help our own! Its not the local PDs fault, they are doing everything they can and were great to deal with, kudos to those men and women!! We just need more help. Heres a video of the damage..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Here is our donation link. We will be updating for the next trip. Anything that anyone can do is appreciated and is going to a great cause!
    http://www.lgig.us/thank-you/

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You're a stand up guy for the work you're doing!

It's amazing how devastating this storm was. While ripping sheetrock/insulation/etc out of my friends house this past weekend, and loading ALL of their personal belongings (kids pictures/toys/clothes/etc/etc) into a garbage truck, there was still a feeling of "relief" that the house was on its foundation and they could start rebuilding. It kind of puts it in perspective how much people have lost when what would've seemed to be a horrible thing to have to do (think about throwing out everything you own right now), but to have a sense of serene and "thankfulness", like they were the lucky ones.....

Matt, I hear ya man, many people are just thankful to still have a home and thats what is heartbreaking! I couldnt imagine having to go through and toss everything you own. Im glad to hear their house is salvageable and commend you for lending a helping hand. Its a humbling experience to see what weve seen and talked to the people. It was hard to keep composure when people you dont know are huggin and thanking you just for brnging bare necessities and listening to their story, sometimes I guess thats all people need. Im more grateful than ever to have the means to help and was shocked at the amount of volunteers from around the country that we met. I was even more shocked to see the lack of govt support, its irritating and absolutely angers me the news isnt covering these areas as they should..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information