Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you guys see this

Member Looking for Dirt T1RKaZz's Avatar

Did you guys see this

I hope it happens soon
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/questi...ser=1328919005

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    people need to start voting 4.56. I think there's too many WK/XK owners who just havent been around the offroad world long enough to understand gears.

4.10's are not worth the trouble since 3.73 are available and its really not that big of an improvement. 4.56's would be the best compromise between all XK/WK engine/trans combos.

4.88s are a bit too much since there arent enough lift options that would really enable us to run tire sizes to utilize 4.88s.

True but I got a 3.7 so 4.10s would be great. I wouldn't have to go find an front axle out in the wild just to get 3.73.

Why would 4.10s be "great"? You can get 3.73s already which is close enough.

4.56s would be the next logical step to help our platform, regardless of engine/trans combo. If there's a possibility of another gear option for our platform, 4.10s would be a waste. (4.10s with 32s is weaker than a stock vehicle with 3.73s. The final drive ratio is the same, but that doesnt account for inertial forces. And anyone with 3.73s already has a 4.7 or 5.7L so they're not going to waste the money to regear for a negligible difference. )
    Last edited by Matt; 11-09-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Also, don't make the same mistake most people make by comparing the worst OEM gear option to the next step. Think about it this way... whats the best OEM gear option available in your platform? (in this case, 3.73). So now pretend you're not "handicapped" already and have 3.73s.... what gear ratio would you like to have?

I've seen this with multiple truck platforms. There's no reason to handicap yourself just because your OEM options set you up with the weakest gears from the factory. Pretend you have the "best" gears from the factory and work up from there.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I would like either or. But of course 4.56 is most logical like Matt said. I voted
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    I voted 4:56's.. that would be nice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Why would 4.10s be "great"? You can get 3.73s already which is close enough.

4.56s would be the next logical step to help our platform, regardless of engine/trans combo. If there's a possibility of another gear option for our platform, 4.10s would be a waste. (4.10s with 32s is weaker than a stock vehicle with 3.73s. The final drive ratio is the same, but that doesnt account for inertial forces. And anyone with 3.73s already has a 4.7 or 5.7L so they're not going to waste the money to regear for a negligible difference. )
    I can spend 2 grand to get 3.73

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Also, don't make the same mistake most people make by comparing the worst OEM gear option to the next step. Think about it this way... whats the best OEM gear option available in your platform? (in this case, 3.73). So now pretend you're not "handicapped" already and have 3.73s.... what gear ratio would you like to have?

I've seen this with multiple truck platforms. There's no reason to handicap yourself just because your OEM options set you up with the weakest gears from the factory. Pretend you have the "best" gears from the factory and work up from there.
    I do agree with you I'd rather run 32s with a 4.56 than 31s with a 3.07. 4.56 is the best option for all engines just because we are ifs and limited by our lift

Last edited by T1RKaZz; 11-10-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar
    I voted 4:56's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information