Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2012

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Red face Secret Santa 2012

I did this last year and thought I would see if there is any interest to do it again.

What is?

Just what it sounds like. It's a Secret Santa between your fellow forum members. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in your signature (maybe an amazon wishlist link) as to what sort of interests you have.

Rules and Info:

International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate so in your sign-up post. But depending on how many international folks show up, you may get one anyway.

For the purposes of pairing, Canada will not count as international. If you aren't going to ship internationally, choose North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Pacific Islands. It may be the case that if you restrict your choice to local shipping then matching might not work out and you may be left out - I'll let you know once the matching is complete if that's the case.

-International Shipping Links: USPS
    -Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country

To sign up post your interest in this thread and send me a private message with Secret Santa in the subject line and your mailing information, e-mail address, international preferences.

PM the following to me and I will only share it with the person who gets you to ship to

Mailing Information:

Username
    Joe Forumer
    123 Anywhere Lane
    Everywhere, NY 12345
    [email protected]
    Will ship anywhere

Who can sign up?

To keep things fair, only those with a join date earlier than July 1st and more than 10 posts will be allowed to participate for obvious reasons. If you would like to participate and don't fall under the requirements then you will just have to wait until next year. The final say of who can join this activity will be entirely up to the mods so there may be exceptions, but the final word is final. Don't complain if special dispensation is not made for you.

The deadline for signing up will be Friday November 30th. After that day, Santas will be randomly assigned and you will be sent a private message shortly after with the information of whom you will be purchasing a gift for. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. Nothing personal.

Recommended gift value is $15-25. Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed (no homemade food please).

Feel free to leave gift suggestions in this thread for your would-be Santa to get ideas of what you might like.

ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS RECEIVED IS DECEMBER 24, PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY DECEMBER 20 WILL BE ... well, we'll think of something nasty to do to you. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not sure you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.

Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.

You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.

UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW OR ALCOHOLIC GIFTS.

CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?

Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.com or www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping. Be sure and provide a note upon checkout saying who you are, though!

BE SURE AND SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE

Get your act together NOW and try and ship your stuff by Dec 14th or so to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December
    Last edited by Knappster; 11-15-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    This was fun last year... im in!

I may go back through last years thread to get some ideas too...

I'm in..... LMAO

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    " A person is officailly missing after 24 hrs, unless they are in a Jeep!"

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Id be in for this, sounds like it could be fun!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I'm in as well.

Jon do you still need the PM if you have all the same info from last year?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I'm in as well.

Jon do you still need the PM if you have all the same info from last year?
    Yes, because I just forward your PM to the Santa and I am not sure I kept last years list.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    No Worries. Will do.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Yea it was pretty cool last year I'm in again.

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Count me in for this
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Last years was a success, so I will def join our 2nd Annual Secret Santa event.

aj

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information