Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Side exhaust?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar

Side exhaust?

Ive seen a few WKs do a custom side ehaust, some with a true dual set up and a few with single side. I dont like how they show oout the side, looks tacky, but my question is if I did a side exhaust the dumped downward tucked up where exhaust is now how would that work off road, say in water and mud?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You cant dump the exhaust under the vehicle on an SUV because the gasses will get into the passenger compartment.

Mud could pose an issue if you get stuck too....

Figured as much, I dont really see how to make it work and look good at the same time, just thought Id throw it out there
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Just a thought, if I were to angle outward would it make a difference? Only reason Im considering is I can get it done cheap and I love the sound people are getting with the true dual set up..

I forget what the rules are.... but it has to be within an inch or two from the edge of the vehicle since the exhaust isnt coming out fast. it'll end up under your pinch weld and get crushed offroad.

Awesome thanks Matt, Ill see what I can do about maybe running all the way back and having the set up now but on both sides, really love the true dual sound

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar
    I though there wasnt enough room under our XK's to do true duals?

I bet if you put the spare tire on the roof or rear bumper you can run SI/DO muffler with duals out the back...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar
    I'll have to look into that

There's always a way!! I have no use for my spare at least on a daily basis so this is probably what Ill do..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information