Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Side exhaust?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    So I did go to muffler shop after I couldnt get the Camaro. Have a great idea of what we are going to do, instead of Flowmaster 10s, Im going Jones Full Boar Single Champer mufflers which I heard a HEMI with and is orgasmic!! Once these come in we will be good to go.. Ill keep everyone updated
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

So mufflers get here Friday and Saturday the exhaust will be getting done. Plan is as Matt and I discussed, running duals from cats back over rear axle where single chamber mufflers will be installed in place of spare tire. From there the down spouts will be down and out still hidden from site like stock. I have a feeling this is going to be loud and may ponder the dynamat idea Matt had mentioned, however my question is will the dynamat sustain the heat from exhaust?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Install the dynamat inside the xk, under the carpet. Go as forward with it as possible, definitely take out the 3rd row to get the mat under there.

I cant wait to see how this turns out!!!

Dynamat is a great idea, yes it will last from the heat from the exhaust.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    " A person is officailly missing after 24 hrs, unless they are in a Jeep!"

Im pretty anxious as well, modding my XK is like a drug addiction, just cant get enough of it!!

Headed out to exhaust shop now.. Pics and video coming, I feel like its Xmas already!!!

Done yet??

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Done yet??
    Patience, Grasshopper!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Still not done he got swamped as its the 1st so people are flooding in.. doesnt help the stock pipes from cats are doubled so he's gone thru 6 blades cutting the pipe. It will be done today and is coming together very nicely.. As soon as I have pics I will post and will get a video of driving, WOTs and MDS sounds to get an idea of what its going to be like.. He says its going to sound like an SRT8 with exhaust, which is music to my ears!

9PM.... stop holding back those pictures!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information