Thread: SA bumpers?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

SA bumpers?

Hey Jon, wondering if you have any updates on SA bumpers? I know work on front wincher development stalled with welder issues..... any plans on starting back up?

And any plans for the rear? Are you manufacturing upon order? And I recall some updates you mentioned incorporating into the rear bumper design; any other updates/tweaks planned now that you've been using yours for quite some time now?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hey Jon, wondering if you have any updates on SA bumpers? I know work on front wincher development stalled with welder issues..... any plans on starting back up?

And any plans for the rear? Are you manufacturing upon order? And I recall some updates you mentioned incorporating into the rear bumper design; any other updates/tweaks planned now that you've been using yours for quite some time now?
    I am spending the day Friday working on welding and ideas for the XK bumpers. The back buper is a copy of mine and can be ordered now for production.

The front bumper is being re-worked and I hope to unvail it around the first of the year.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing this start moving again.... it always makes for some great discussion and interesting reads.

So the rear bumpers... what are the advantages of having the tire on the driver side vs passenger side for those of you running them?

I was thinking driver side would be better from a driver view standpoint.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The fabricator told me the front XK bumper is almost finished, I am going to look at it on Thursday and take a few photos.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Couple of sneak peaks of the new bumper.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Looks good! I like the way the contour follows the natural flow of the XK, the fact that it doesn't stick out any farther (maybe less) than stock and provides extra clearance near the wheels. I assume the 3 pieces will be welded together, the space under the headlight near the grill will be filled and that it will match up to the fenders plastic fenders (when cut at the right spot).... is that a safe assumption?
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Does the whole thing only stick out about 4" from the grill??? and will there be a no winch option?
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Looking good jon

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Steel Armadillo's Avatar
    The Steel Armadillo is not currently producing bumpers for the Commander. We are looking for a local shop that can make them at a reasonable cost so that they are affordable to the consumer. If a fabricator is located we will update this product.
    Also known as: Knappster (posting by Steel Armadillo represent the business concerns of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.)

Thread Information