Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: True duals on HEMI

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar

True duals on HEMI

As many of you guys have been reading I did get my true dual exhaust set up done, well 65% of it anyways. Right now its not complete, few leaks to fix and getting it mounted better as it bangs around a bit, but a work in progress indeed. As of now Im not a big fan of it, to raspy probably caused by leaks and rattles but its loud! To get it where I want it, Im adding in a Flowmaster 44 D/I D/O muffler where the stock location is, hopefully this deepens the sound and takes the left over raspyness away. Ill keep everyone updated on the progress but here are some shots and a quick video for you to enjoy!

The picture below is where the Flowmaster 44 is getting put in

This is also something I do not like which will be changed, the mufflers will be horizontal instead of vertical. I dont like seeing the mufflers and they will get hung up when wheeling.

In this picture you can see where the pipe would bang against the triangular support, this will be changed as well.

Like Ive been saying its a project and a good starting point, a lot more difficult then cat back systems available. Here is a video.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0157.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	1683  

2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar
    sounds nice

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Not bad at all for a first go at a custom exhaust like this. Im really looking forward to see how the final product comes out and to get a listen while you're climbing a trail at Rausch!

Thanks guys, its a work in progress. Saturday should be the final stage, I think adding the other muffler in will give it a better sound, right now sounds to much like a pick-up so one step at a time. Matt, you think by adding the d/i d/o is a good idea?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

I think the DI/DO super 44 would probably be good by itself and you wouldn't need the 10s in the back. Not sure how it'll sound with all 3 mufflers...

Well I shot my buddy a message who has an SRT8 Challenger and is certified SRT8 tech, what I am doing is what he has on his Challenger, DI/DO 2 Chamber muffler with 3" pipes and where stock resonators are he has Super 10 series and has a nice sound. The difference is I went 2.5" pipes but everything else will be similar. He said with just the single muffler or what I have now it will be raspy which I hate.. We'll see what the end product is Saturday, worst case I cut off rear mufflers with down spouts..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Looking good, and do see where they will get caught up while wheelin. Will Listen later today when not at work.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Cant wait to here it when finished!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

And the video of the interior sound..

With the windows down the camera kind of deadens the sound but it gives an idea of how it drives.

Dude... at 40-41 seconds in the video it looks like the H pipe isn't welded onto the other side. Did they cut the holes and only weld one side on? That would definitely make the exhaust sound raspy and also get a rattle from those pipes hitting each other...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information