Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: True duals on HEMI

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    It isnt a H pipe, its just a bracket to keep the exhaust from rattling together, I thought the same thing
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Ah ok. Were you planning on putting an H pipe in to equalize the pressures?

Thats kind of what I was thinking but not sure with the new idea, what do you think?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

I'm wondering if that was part of your problem from the start.... an H pipe would've helped the tone out.

Don't really need it with the DI/DO muffler though. And if that's what your friend with the SRT8 is running and it sounds good, might as well go with what you know works. I'm just surprised there wasn't a crossover pipe in your true duals setup from the start.

Well like I said he wasnt done with it so maybe he was going to do that when he completed it. My pops said the same as you, run just the 44 and see what it sounds like. Since he has to cut mufflers anyways Ill have him run it with the muffler only and see how it sounds, if I want to put 10s on I will

I think thats a good idea... then if it sounds good you don't have to worry about orienting those 10's to tuck them out of the way while also having the tailpipes exit in similar/equidistant locations.

Depending on how the DI/DO super 44 sounds on yours, I may do a SI/DO in the future...

Im also doing the 409s one, which is under their raceing muffler section, not sure if its different from the one you are looking into but just keep that in mind

Im waiting until a rock chews mine up.... so it may be a while until I get another baby carrier to allow me to be aggressive offroad again

Yea I hear ya I remember you saying you arent getting it until you need it.. We will see Saturday what I end u doing, assuming I go with just the 44, I can have both tips right next to another rather than across from one another as you said. I will play with it and figure it out, either way it needs to change from what it is now

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    A true dual like what you currently have will never sound good due to the back pressure. You need some sort of H or X pipe in there. I know this isn't finished and you have a few kinks to work out but you will get it how you like it.

Bobs exhaust sound really good now. He swapped in a two chamber flowmaster stainless steel race muffler in place of the MBRP muffler. His is all 3 inch stainless from the cat back.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information