Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: True duals on HEMI

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    A true dual like what you currently have will never sound good due to the back pressure. You need some sort of H or X pipe in there. I know this isn't finished and you have a few kinks to work out but you will get it how you like it.

Bobs exhaust sound really good now. He swapped in a two chamber flowmaster stainless steel race muffler in place of the MBRP muffler. His is all 3 inch stainless from the cat back.
    So do you think if I did an H pipe then the D/I D/O muffler with pipes straight out it'd sound good or do you think I need the rears still?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Your DI/DO muffler is going to be close enough to the headers so you shouldn't need a crossover pipe. The muffler works as the H pipe in that case.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    So do you think if I did an H pipe then the D/I D/O muffler with pipes straight out it'd sound good or do you think I need the rears still?
    If you werent adding the D/I D/O muffler, then I would recommend just adding either an H or X pipe to what you currently have. If you are definitely adding the D/I D/O muffler then an H or X pipe wont be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Your DI/DO muffler is going to be close enough to the headers so you shouldn't need a crossover pipe. The muffler works as the H pipe in that case.

Exlactly.....
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Ok perfect, Ive been doing a lot of thinking about what Im going to do, adding the D/I D/O is definitely happening, it comes in tomorrow. So installing that and may just to straight pipes right next to eachother like Matt suggested, I think his word was equidistant? hahaha I hope this gives me a sound I want, honestly not happy right now with it but I keep telling myself its a work in progress
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    You should install the D/I D/O muffler with the 10's still in the rear and see how it sounds. If you dont like it you can just cut off the 10's in the rear and just run the D/I D/O muffler with straightpipes that dump in the rear.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

That was my original idea, Im going down to the shop today to draw out a plan. I dont want to annoy this guy and keep changing it, Im sure what I paid him will eventually wear his patience down and ask for more $$ hahaha

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Andrew, this is really coming together bro.....I really love it. I especially like that you have the exhaust tucked under and not coming out the back like most people do.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Thanks man I was going for a completely hidden set up so you cant see anything but you couldnt mistake the sound! Should be all set Saturday and Im leaning towards Matts suggestion of doing the D/I D/O muffler alone with straight pipes from it being equal in length along rear slider.

Update: I bought an IMCO Performance 50 muffler as well. Did some research the SRT8 Jeep guys are raving about this muffler, its a cross between the Flow 40 and 50 so I figured why not give both a try and see what I like. I know Im dumping $$$ into this but I want the right sound so Ill try both and go from there. The specs on the IMCO is 17" long, like the Flow 50, but everything else measures like the 40. I found a video of it on the 05 Ram HEMI to it should sound similar. Guess and check til I get it how I want it!!
    http://video.filestube.com/watch,45c...uffler-in.html

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I love how you're attacking this. Once you get it dialed in this'll have to be a stickie in the performance section!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information