Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roof or Bumper Tire carrier... TPMS Issues?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Any luck with houses btw? Ya know ours is gonna be on the market next month if you want to come up this way and be neighbors

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Supposed to close on house attempt #3 next Friday.. I think the commute from your part of town would be a little much for ML.

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Supposed to close on house attempt #3 next Friday.. I think the commute from your part of town would be a little much for ML.
    I'm sure I could find her a job at Lakehurst as a contractor!

Hoping 3rd time's a charm for you guys. It's about time you get settled down..... i'm looking forward to coming down and helping paint

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    This is definitely an interesting thread for me based on my thoughts yesterday. However I only show 4 readings on the TPMS, does this mean my spare doesnt not have one? Also with it being completely out of the vehicle I wouldnt know if I have that error because I need new harnesses for the module mounted on the fender well, douche who owned it before me damaged them when he did his half a$$ pinch weld mod, so Im getting the error anyways. Funny thing is I still get accurate readings on all 4, I check this with my digital Tire Pressure Gauge. I need to get the harnesses fixed I guess just cant find em, have to to do some research.. But back on topic I wouldnt want to turn it off completely, gives good peace of mind knowing whats going on and nice to know if on the roof it would still be read. I was thinking last night maybe Steel Armadillo could come up with a tire mount like the one I posted, seems rather simple to create and obviously would rather throw money to him then some major distributor.. Any thoughts or ideas we could possibly send Jon and see if he'd be interested..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

The spare tire doesnt give a reading on the dash. If it gets low you'll get a "check spare tire" message on the display.

I also like the TPMS system but Chrysler screwed up when they superseded the metal stemmed sensors with the new rubber stemmed version..... the new part numbers dont work with my system so im waiting for a TSB to come out with a fix. Yeah, technically its a "safety" issue so I could force Chrysler to get more involved but I dont have the time nor the patience.

Ok I see now, what if Ive been driving without it on the XK at all, Ive got no message that popped up other than my usual Service TPMS, could it be the same message and since it always says it I wouldnt know?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

When you remove it from the vehicle the system no longer sees it and thinks theres a problem.... thats probably whats causing your"service tpms" message

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I don't know which years it matters on, but I can say for sure that my 2007 doesn't care that my spare is flat. I keep it in the stock location, deflated since it's oversized and just carry a compressor.

Jacob is your spare a steel wheel or a matching alloy wheel? Ive heard that the steel wheels weren't equipped with sensors but thats hearsay on my end.

Ive always had the Service TPMS cause of the need of the harness which are smashed up front..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information