Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you see what I see? Star, A Star

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Yeah I just went to the other forum that was posted and it said 6k. I would definitely do a solid front axle if I had the money. You would get way better articulation then a Superlift or any othe IFS lift could ever give you and depending how much lift you decide to go with could have way more ground clearance. Especially under the belly of the vehicle. I'm willing to bet an after market bolt in Dana 60 for a JK would work fine as far as the electrical aspect with the abs and it would still have the same bolt pattern.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    No, the post says 6k.. I wouldnt do this regardless, honestly you can get a 6.5" lift with SL for half the money and have a lot of clearance and abilites off road without compromising the electronics with the Jeep. And with the wheeling we do how can you justify doing this?!?! Im good with my IFS and making it work as I go..
    Yep, must've read that wrong, but still, I don't see a SAS in my future.

I do. Just not on my current XK. I has way to many miles on it to sink that much money into it
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Maybe if my rig lasts another 2-3 years and I have a 3rd car I will consider. I was quoted a ball park of 6k from my local shop Low Range 4x4. Def not for a D30 though, I would go D44 for sure.

The electronics from the WJ makes sense to me as long as you get the sensors for a QD WJ I guess. Well for us QD guys at least?

Im just interested in the workings of a swap, all I know is you need an axle and steering and electronics. I need to read a SAS build thread sometime
    Last edited by BonesWK; 12-10-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    lol If I had cash to toss around I'd definitely do it. That just looks so badass sitting there :P wish there was closer pictures.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    I missed this thread, but THAT is incredible! 6k? Id do THAT for 6k... But with something bigger than a Dana 30. I want to see it in action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 02-08-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I do. Just not on my current XK. I has way to many miles on it to sink that much money into it
    High mileage XK would be perfect for a solid axle....not like it would have any resale value after going SAS anyways.....

I've alwayys wanted to buy a wreck WK/XK from an insurance auction and chop it to bits for a solid axle swap

I just wouldn't want to sink another $6000 into the jeep after all it has been through. It will be paid off next week Thursday!!! Can't wait!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information