Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Derbytown

Junior Member Looking for Dirt frtgy89's Avatar

Greetings from Derbytown

Hello XKers!

My name is John, Sandy is my XK(she's khaki). Family tradition to name our vehicles.

'06 4.7 QT2 and everthing except Nav/Rear Ent. So I am guessing a base with alot of boxes checked off on when it was ordered. I am the second owner, first owner traded it in, Jeep dealer I bought it from got it at auction. 73,000 on the odo and it drives like it was new, first owner really took care of it, I got it for alot less than book value.
    Spent Thursday at the family shop under the hood, and under the truck. We put the Rough Country 2" lift on her, and she is looking much better, I even think she rides even smoother if that is possible. Also put Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors and pads on all 4 corners, big improvement. Would have kept the stock one's if the wife hadn't mentioned that the big girl didn't stop like her Escape and she wasn't comfortable with that! Now after spending a little time with the new brakes, it was $400 well spent. Ordered 245/75 17 BFG Rugged Trails as her new slippers, they will go on Monday afternoon. Mudflaps will be next. Would like to do a CAI and 3 inch exhaust at the same time, during the next year.
    Sandy is a replacement for a 02 2dr Chevy Tracker I built for a daily work driver and weekend wheeler. About 2 yrs ago I suffered a back/spinal cord injury and have had to retire. We sold the Tracker and our Mustang, ride was to harsh & car to low. Wife kept her VW, but we decided my replacement would be a 3rd row equiped SUV. It did not take me long to pick out the XK as the only one for me!
    Will add some pictures when I get a chance.

Also want to say thanks to everyone who has shared their experience with these trucks, I've learned alot from you already!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hey man welcome aboard!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar
    congrats on the buy and welcome to the forum!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Welcome aboard man! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new ride! Definitely a lot of good guys on here, I learn something every day! Just be careful, you can turn around one day and these guys can have you spending $$$$ like crazy! haha
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the club!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Welcome to the group, we all like to have fun & take care of each other. You will have fun here. I see you have done some good MODs to it already, just wait we will get you r to spend more money & do a lot more MOD's to it.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Hello there and greetings from ft benning.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt frtgy89's Avatar
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to an engaging and enlightening experience!

Junior Member Looking for Dirt fritchie15's Avatar
    Welcome! I wish I had a mod list like yours before I made my garage. Now these guys got me wanting to spend my savings on all the good, yet expensive, stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information