Thread: Another "just installed OME lift" thread

Member Looking for Dirt

Another "just installed OME lift" thread

So I spent all friggin night by myself in the shop installing the ome lift by myself, not a good decision. To say it went horrible would be an understatement. I used a thread over @ jc.com to help somewhat and was not to thrilled with it but oh well I didn't make it. It took me hours to remove the lower strut mounts on both sides, even with the best pneumatic tools available. Those bolts came out looking like they had been in the bottom of the ocean for 100 years even after the wire wheel. Multiple trips to the spring compresser was fun, I should have went with my instinct of tightening the damn strut nut as much as I did the first time but I loosened it up to the mentioned 4 threads. After finally getting it all together I took it for a spin and noticed a horrible rattle in the front. I "clearenced" the top of the strut hole to accept a socket and I hit it with a impact to get a bit tighter, it helped the first time about 50% and I just did it again and we'll see how it goes. Other then that the ride height is perfect and it rides very nice with the hd springs. I also did a half assed alignment to get it drivable until I can have one of the gang do it for me. I definitely need spacers or wheels now, and I am also thinking of the track bar since I had a real ball with the rear suspension (long story, not really but I'd rather not think about it lol). Here is a pic of the results of my long day (and still not finished, car is waiting for my on the dyno which I feel like burning to the ground)
    OME HD springs
    OME shocks and strunts
    new Moog spring isolators all around with new moog upper strut mount
    new front bumpstops
    2006 hemi limited

And a few pics around the shop I figured you guys might enjoy

Last edited by peteyturbo; 12-08-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I recognize some of those trucks!

Lift looks good man. Hopefully you can put some of those memories behind ya lol

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I too reamed out the top of the strut hole so I can get a deep socket in there to tighten the strut nut if needed. I did that a few years ago. Some stuts assemblies like to be tighter than others.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 12-09-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    First time I read your post Adam the last part had me laughin!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    First time I read your post Adam the last part had me laughin!!
    Haha yea I just read what I wrote.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    lmao...

Nice man! I see your in Philadelphia! maybe I'll finally see another lifted Xk on the road one day? :P
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Looking good
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    lmao...

Nice man! I see your in Philadelphia! maybe I'll finally see another lifted Xk on the road one day? :P
    You probably will, but chances are the fiance' will be driving it, so if you see her wave and I am sure she will wave back! Definitely drive up and down 95 alot, I live off of the bridge street exit a few miles down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Looking good
    Thanks!

As far as the clunking it is almost 90% gone but still there. I may end up taking it apart again to tighten them down as I don't know if I can get them any tighter without compessing the spring. Now I just need some wheel spacers or possibly new wheels..Anyone know how much more backspacing I would get with the 17x8 AEV Savegre wheels? BTW the fiance was driving it yesterday and she loves it. I'm glad I took Matt's advice and went with the HD spring rates, it is exactly what I was looking for.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    The AEV Savage wheels are 8.5" wide and +10mm offset, they'll stick out about 1.9" further than your stock wheels and look great

Member Looking for Dirt
    I was hoping you would say that. Anyone want limited wheels with 80% Duratracs and 18" sahara wheels? lol

Thread Information