Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rausch Creek February 2013

Member Looking for Dirt scottso699's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Awesome man!

I drive out there Saturday evening and stay at the Comfort Inn. You're more than welcome to convoy with me but you'll have to meet me in Hamilton. I mentor a highschool robotics team and we meet every Saturday 8am-3pm.

I dont think he ever made a for sale thread... its a brand new 4xguard belly skid that protects the catalytic converters and trans pan.
    Because of my 3 month old I will probably drive up Sunday morning - what time do you guys usually meet up on Sunday?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Around 8:30. Goal is to be heading out on the trails by 9:00.

To be completely honest man, you might want to consider leaving around 6-7PM Sat night. It's not a very long drive so you'll be at the hotel by 10:00... have a beer or two and then go to bed. It'll make waking up & wheeling the next day a lot more enjoyable.

I've done the 1 day trip before... figured it'd be no worse than the 1 day trip skiing at Hunter Mtn (3.5 hr drive). For some reason, even though skiing take a lot more energy than wheeling, there's just something about "sitting" in a vehicle from 5am to 10pm that's even more exhausting. Hence I always drive up the day before now.

Member Looking for Dirt scottso699's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Around 8:30. Goal is to be heading out on the trails by 9:00.

To be completely honest man, you might want to consider leaving around 6-7PM Sat night. It's not a very long drive so you'll be at the hotel by 10:00... have a beer or twofold and then go to bed. It'll make waking up & wheeling the next day a lot more enjoyable.

I've done the 1 day trip before... figured it'd be no worse than the 1 day trip skiing at Hunter Mtn (3.5 hr drive). For some reason, even though skiing take a lot more energy than wheeling, there's just something about "sitting" in a vehicle from 5am to 10pm that's even more exhausting. Hence I always drive up the day before now.
    I know just what you mean - I usually go up friday afternoon, wheel all day Saturday and then head home Sunday morning. My situation changed dramatically in the fall though - my wife gave birth to our twin boys 10 weeks premature and I am sorry to say only one of the boys survived. He is doing very well but is very needy at bed time. So unless he becomes a better sleeper i'll have to drive up very early Sunday. At this point even doing that is worth it. Starting over with my wife's WK was hard enough after selling my ZJ that was the ultimate trail machine. So one way or another I will be there even if I have to meet you guys out on the trails. I know that place now like the back of my had so if you say "meet us at snake bite "I'll say see you at the end of the trail!" My jeep's not high enough or armored enough (yet) to do that trail!

Hey man i completely understand. I'm sorry to hear about your boy not making it, but glad the other is doing well. My friends had their twins this past summer at just 24 weeks.... both still have some battling to do but they're doing well.

If you can't leave until Sunday morning I can make sure I set up a route that'll make it easy for us to meet up when you get there. So just keep me informed what your plans are as the date gets closer and we'll work it out.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I received a picture of my jeep the other day from the old lady and apparently my water pump is leaking coolant everywhere. I'll have to take a look at it when I get home from Mississippi. Other than that I should be able to make this trip.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

1- Matt (xk)
    2- Tim (TJ)
    3- Brad (XJ)
    4- Sean (YJ)
    5- Andrew (XK)
    6- Adam (XK) as long as I'm home from Mississippi by then!.... and jeep is fixed
    7- *maybe Jacob (XJ)
    8- John (Hillbilly WJ)
    9- Anthony (kj)
    10- Scott (wk)

Member Looking for Dirt
    Where is Raush Creek at?

Tremont PA

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Remove the maybe, I'll be there.. driving the XJ though so hopefully no issues

XK got traded in today, so I'll be offering parts from it to RC people first to save on shipping and convenience.
    So the list.. everything is obviously used, could use paint or whatever..

12 Bolt Differential 4xGuard $75
    Belly 4xGuard $100 (***EDIT*** missing the special J hook bolt thingy, I used a longer bolt with out threads on the end so I could put a box end wrench and vise grips on at the same time to tighten it $2 worth of hardware needed/not included)
    Front 4xGuard $125
    Flashpaq 3875 $100 *XK was flashed back to stock, I think you have to pay superchips to take ownership or something though*
    Aux Input thingy (RECNAV 2006/7) $35 - This replaces either the sat input with 2 aux rca inputs
    Rear cargo area brackets to hold cover (XK Specific) $5 -home made nothing special but opens a lot of storage space up (mostly only want the $5 so it goes to someone who plans to use them..)
    Crap Carriers (XK Specific) $priceless - my mommy made them for me fabric panels with a couple of pockets and "molle" type loops to attaching crap to, they cover the 3rd row seat windows and attach with factory screws - $10
    Last edited by hoaxci5; 01-22-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Also anyone camping? (cold I know..) or can I share a room/crash on a floor in the hotel?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information