WHAT... have I gotten myself into?!?!

Well, the truck came home around noon. My oldest & my youngest wanted to ride in it, so we stopped and picked up some JB Weld, and put $40 of gas in it... so it has a quarter tankful now ). Put the locking gas cap on it, after I got it home, too.

Here's a little of the experience, leaving Monro Muffler with it!

Ya' gotta click on those, for them to play in a new browser. I dropped the camera the second time, NOT because we were crashing, but Good LORD it DOES wander all over the road!!!

DUAL stabilizer and Borgeson steering shaft, here we come - El - PRONTO!!!!

It wanders BADLY, lumbers like a wounded Buffalo, and is slightly quieter than an artillery barrage... and that's how you discover what's REALLY going on with it!

I spent more time IN it today, than I have in the past 6 years. Replaced the rear liftgate pistons (actually, only one was bad, but I replaced them as a pair. Set the one still holding a charge aside for a spare), and mostly just looked over the interior, cleaned out the center console, etc.

GREAT thing about that liftgate - it held the hatch up while I unbolted the old pistons!!!

The red shock boot makes a GREAT covering for that bolt (holds the high lift jack in place!), so when the gate swings around, it doesn't punch a hole in the lower rear quarter! Once the spare is on there, it won't be a problem. The full-size spare will be too big, to allow the gate to come around that far. I just stick it on there for times like NOW, when the gate's open, and I'm working out of the back.

That, and I'm PRETTY sure I discovered why the steering is so wobbly!

Looks like a new Borgeson steering gearbox, AND Borgeson steering shaft!