Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What I've been wasting my time with lately (Ramcharger rebuild) Pt.1

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Cool

New transmission lines - CRAPPY pic...

I ran the new transmissioner cooler, power steering cooler, and Accel coil over with the fuel line tubing on Thursday morning. New CAD system, radiator, distributer cap & rotor, and performance pulleys from Summitt were ordered last night ... she's GETTIN' there...
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    looking great
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Talking

Just to make you wait a bit longer , here's my rust-COLORED tank skid, back in place! Rust-colored PRIMER, ON a Ramcharger... why does it seem so fitting?

The brakes are done, the fuel lines are done, and like any good artist, my mechanic took some 'creative liberties' - adding chrome tips to the exhaust (and going with 2 1/4" pipe was the WAY to go!!! They're snaked all through there, with dual cats and dual glasspacks!!!). I was happy with plain pipe, but it adds a nice touch.

It's NOT my best camera, but it IS the one I can do video with! THAT will be important, in just a minute!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Cool

Now keep in mind, the oil was LAST changed right after I got it - in late '06. Lord only knows when the last time it got tuned up. Now we've done NOTHING under the hood so far. Other than change the fuel filter, the pump and the sender unit back in the tank, the engine is UN-touched, for 6+ years...

I THINK... I might've gotten LUCKY... or BLESSED...

Take a watch, and a listen. Chris, my mechanic on the underside so far, is in the video, as well as my oldest co-pilot.

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...psfe1e2fa3.mp4

Can't WAIT to hear what she sounds like after a thorough flushing, with new plugs, wires, coil, distributor, tune-up, coolers, K&N air filter, and assorted other goodies!
    Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 02-16-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Its ALIVE! Nice man now lets wheel it!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Its ALIVE! Nice man now lets wheel it!!
    Well, as soon as under the hood is cared for. And new driveshafts/yokes are made, axled re-geared, undercoat applied, steps added, and maybe a couple of other things... Name:  1370.gif
Views: 285
Size:  2.4 KB Ya' know how OLD trucks are!

IT PASSED INSPECTION!

OFF
    with the 2006 stickers - ON with the 2014 stickers!!! Emission exempt, since it's only traveled 1 mile since 2006!

It DOES run - there's a little more front end work to do yet (we're getting rid of the lift block on the left knuckle, and going with a drop Pitman arm & adjustable draglink, which should correct a LOT of steering geometry issues.

Here was my mechanic - taking it to go put some gas in it last week.

I also traded 500 rds. of Silver Bear .223, for a 9,000lb winch!

It's sitting in the church basement now, where the multi-carrier/rear bumper sat for 5 years! Hopefully, it'll'll be installed in less time than the bumper was!

I do get to go VISIT my truck... until it's paid off (D'OHHH! Waitin' on the tax refund!). I dropped off another $500 earlier this week, and baby girl got to play hood ornament with it.

Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 03-14-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Sweet man!!!! I know that's an awesome feeling getting it to pass inspection and finally legal!
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

I FINALLY got to drive The War Wagon for the FIRST time today, EVER (when I inherited it, it wasn't running - it's been ROLLBACKED everywhere ever since!) - even though it was just around the parking lot at Monro, but - HOLY GUACAMOLE... WHAT have I gotten myself into?!?!?

For starters, even though the ENTIRE brake system is NEW, with those drum rears, it feels like MANUAL brakes, getting those BIG MEATS to stop! I can see WHY the Suburban Hydroboost and rear disc conversion is SO popular!!! I think I know where NEXT year's tax refund is going!!!

As for THIS year's refund, the transmission selector feels a bit stiff - no doubt due to the fact we haven't touched the transmission yet. And with 3.55 gears, it needs a fair amount of go-juice, to get 'er into motion. The B&M Transpak and ring & pinion swap will be GOOD investments, once I get it out of hock at Monro!

On the PLUS side though, Monor Muffler's latest wheel alignment rig, has updates for 4 wheel alignments that INCLUDE Dodge Ramchargers now! With the steering geometry figured out (that stupid shim in my front right leaf pack REMOVED!), it's perfectly aligned, and steering wheel is straight, too! It steers like a dream - it seems as if it steers TOO well, given it's size, but I'll take it! That, and the a/c is charged, and blows COLD!

Paid another $750 on the account today - I'm down to around $3200 & change left. Ordered a few more parts today as well, not the least of which was the Dana 44 front carrier. Oh - and Parts Geek has aftermarket grills for $73 shipped right now! I'll look into making it a "FARGO," while I Plastex the old one and fix it up for a spare!

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Looks awesome man!

I had an 87 K5 on 35s in High School. Thing was a beast. What kind of trails are you going to use it for?

Only thing you might want to consider is the lower part of that front bumper. It will kill the approach angle.

Keep up the good work man
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information