If you saw my CB install thread in my Commander, you know I like my CB's, and take them seriously. Since the XK is still a, DD, I have the better scanner in it. The Pittsburgh PD run an 850mhz trunking radio system, which the Bearcat Trunktracker III can read. Since the REST of Allegheny Co. - and for that matter, the rest of western PA - is still analog, a Uniden B355C will do nicely in the RC.

UPS been veddy, veddy, good to me lately!

18' of RG8X, 102" whip, and various & assundry other pieces have finally found their way here, along with the Galaxy 949, at last. What follows, is an OLD school truck install.

Of course, 25 years ago, this would've been an ENTIRELY UN-necessary thread. CB's went in one of two places; the BIG rig, or the pickup truck. Yeah, there WAS the occasional Smokey & the Bandit Trans-Am that had one, or the occasional Jeeper... but otherwise, they went in your TRUCK. 25 years ago, I was running this combo, in my old '79 Ford Bronco.

I also ran a 102" whip back in the day... until a low hanging power line in the midst of Hurricane Hugo ATE it! A quick stop at a trucker's plaza around Morganton, NC shortly thereafter, meant switching to a 3' Firestick for the rest of my CB'ing days in that truck...

Of course, since my RC is now an offroad toy, there was also this nice litte gutter mount hook for my whip included with the radio this morning! Since the whip will be mounted atop the multicarrier, it'll brush EVERY powerline between here and the woods if I DON'T tie it down!!!

For those of you with late-model trucks, packed full of modern avionics (like our Commanders!), try not be a hatah when you see all the space in which I have to run wire, and copious room to mount both scanner & CB. It's just how ALL trucks were built back in the day.

So in that sense, if you've NEVER cool breezed it in a truck built before the mid-'90's, enjoy this historical undertaking, and see how we did it when old school, was still just, "school." Oh - and we still have this little gizmo, to help me reach out and PUT "the touch" on someone...