Pt. IV

It's getting down to the nitty-gritty now - it gets painted this week (to sand, primer, and paint this monster would be $4k+ at any reputable shop. I'm getting it for free, but STILL don't know what color it's going to be! I know "silver" will be a large part of it, but beyond that... Beggars of course, don't get to be choosers!), and then it's off to Monro Muffler for new brake and fuel lines (the originals rotted away), and whatever other work we need to get it to pass inspection at THIS point.

Assuming Obama doesn't confiscate ALL our tax refunds this year, my INTENTION is to do a ring & pinion swap (to 4.10's - currently 3.50 geared) and add a Transpak/Shift kit to the 727 this spring. I might splurge for the winch at that time, too. Long range plans include tearing down the engine (which still runs strong, holds compression, etc.), adding machined 360 heads, new pistons, torque-ier crank, etc. I've got some Warn lock-out hubs ready for it too. ANY extra mpg's in THIS beast will be appreciated, and I figure the lock-out hubs will make GETTING to the outdoors a little less costly!

I'd like to do re-do the interior completely (droopy headliner has GOT to go - welcome to the late 80's/early '90's droopy headliner flashback! ) - doing the seats in some sort of faux leather, that cleans up easily. I'd LOVE to tear out ALL the carpet and just rhinoline the entire floor - make it so you could run a hose and WASH the truck out... but that may not be ENTIRELY feasible, given how many wires run along the floor in even a 20 year old truck. I think I WILL rhinoline the cargo area though, as this will still be our Boy Scout War Wagon - suitable for throwing backpacks, gear, chuckboxes, and the like into. Getting that factory spare OUT of the cargo area REALLY opens 'er up back there!

It'll be a zombiecrusher for certain - a good BoV, if it comes to that - & hopefully more than up to the task of cruising the Alleghenies. But she's DEFINITELY a zombie herself, having come close to the scrapyard THREE times now (it got hit in the passenger side when the original owner had it, but he refused to have it totaled, and got it repaired instead - when he passed away, his wife was about to scrap it, when she offered it to me instead. I ALMOST scapped it this spring, but found some much-needed help in the nick of time). It might FINALLY see the out-of-doors yet!

Here's those vin code/data plates/sheet, if anyone is an expert in reading these things - if someone could give me an idea of what all I have here to start with.

That sheet under the hood is REALLY faded, but I figure the same info is coded on the data plate.

Any & all feedback is welcome and appreciated. And if you're handy with a wrench, engines & drivetrains, and live in the Pittsburgh area, gimme a shout!!!