Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another reason I prefer SA sliders....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Corey, unfortunately it seems like its the trails that seem benign that cause the damage. The section I was going up looked like something I would easily climb through.... next thing I know my rear end slid left and pushed my door into a root.

I know your fiance doesnt want you to get sliders because she thinks you'll try harder stuff.... and theres some truth to that for sure. But the reality is they also prevent damage such as this.... even on the easy stuff.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    great point! I definitely dont want damage especially with how OCD I am, but I also bought my XK to have fun and know its part of the game. Sliders are coming soon for sure..

My view is this, I drove my new to me clean unmolested XK to AC for a bachelor party and its gets broken windows, scratched paint and scratched leather!! Unfortunately people will do damage to your rig, in my eyes Id rather have some scratches or something happen while Im enjoying it and wheelin rather than someone else doing it for me, guess it will help me sleep better!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Unfortunately, the SA sliders wouldnt have prevented the damage to my doors due to the ravine I was in. However If I had the SA sliders and 2 more inches of lift the damage wouldnt have happened.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Yeah I know this hobby will always involve some repairs hopefully all minor. I know our XKs as is CAN make it through blues/blacks but I think that is truely pushing this vechicle to its max offroad capabilities as far as rock crawling goes (Talking about 2" and 32s). Now this just might be my conservative self talking and not wanting big damage on my rig but I am not sure about exploring blues/blacks with my XK. Again, this is my only vechicle to get me back and forth to work. If I had my XK paid off and a seperate DD then I'm sure I'd go on blues/blacks without hesitation.

This is only my personal opinion from the two times I've gone to RC with you guys. I know most of you have much more experience with this hobby as well as the abilitity to pretty much fix anything.

EDIT: I also agree with sliders no matter what trail your doing :P just to make that a note
    Last edited by Core XK; 12-18-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

I hear ya. I thought you were saying you didn't need sliders because you want to stay on greens.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I hear you man! Hopefully Ill have her paid off in a yr so I can get a tad bit more crazy with her..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    lol Yeah

I am hoping for Sliders NEXT x-mas
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

I dont know... i have a feeling you'll have them before then...

Senior Member Getting Dirty

The extended bars are worth it. I wish I would not have gotten the 4XGuards.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I'm thinking I will have some side bars added to my 4x sliders
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information