Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a little help...

Senior Member Getting Dirty

Need a little help...

So I started pulling off all the skids today to hit every bolt with some PB Blaster. I am going to be changing out the upper front axle bushing on Thursday night and wanted to make sure all the bolts were not rusted on.

Anyways, I discovered a leak and I cannot for the life of me figure out where it is coming from.

THe oil had been accumulating in the front diff skid so there were no drops on the garage floor. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be leaking?

Here are some pics:

and what fluid is pink?

it is all right in front of the passenger side front tire.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Looks like the trans cooling lines which is very common. Is the fluid oily like trans oil or watery like coolant?

oil based like trans fluid. That was my first thought, but there was soo muh under there I couldnt tell. Probably the lines to the auxilary cooler?

I will check them all now. Thanks man
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Mine are sweating to, Matt did a replacement on them and said it was a pain!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    Mine are dripping too.
    It's on my list of things to do but not looking forward to it.

Yeah it's a PITA. Guys with the 3.7s and 4.7s have been able to snake this line in... but with the 5.7 i'm pretty sure the exhaust has to be dropped to get the lines out.

Here was my ordeal: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...lacement/page3

Note I just found one of my lines leaking again and had to tighten up the clamps some more (they were double-clamped after the replacement line pulled off)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Looks like trans fluid to me. That's going to be a pain to fix
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

How'd this turn out for you man? Need any help?

Took care of the Upper axle bushing this evening. PITA. Jeep was on a lift and I had air tools. Still took 4 hours. No more clunk from reverse to drive, but I still have the lose feeling when I hit a bump on the highway. Anyone point me in a direction for the next fix? Figuring struts next?

Swaping trans cooler lines next weekend?

With those trans lines leaking, check that passenger side sway bar bushing. It's right below those lines and i'm pretty sure being soaked in trans fluid is what killed my bushing. That'll give you a clunking sound when hitting bumps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information