Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2013

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    That's Jack, my "micro coyote." (He's a Pomeranian, with "wolf sable" coloring) He has to supervise what I'm doing. He'll bark at the shop door until I let him in.

I used the rest of the pipe and made a longer one on the other side, and now my walking stick goes into that one. I've always expected the thing to punch a window out on a hard trail from its sliding around. (or poking someone's eye out) I've put it on the roof rack, but then it gets plastered filthy, and I have to clean it off before using it, so half the time it gets left behind on a hike. I need the thing for flipping rattlesnakes out of my way if nothing else. My stick is 5 feet long, and I've had it forever. There's badges/medallions from about every national park nailed onto it.

One more thing I did was make a "wrench" for the caps with a piece of oak 1x3. I used the milling machine to make a 1 5/8" square hole in the middle of an 8 inch long piece, and rounded the corners on the belt sander. I can torque the caps tight real easy, so the average parking lot thief can't just walk up and unscrew it/them. The wooden piece goes into the mesh storage thing on the driver's side in the back. It's very light and not like packing a heavy pipe wrench.

On edit:
    Oh yeah, last night I tossed the factory jack out. With an ARB X-Jack, why bother? Besides, would YOU want to use that silly unstable thing on a dirt trail which is where the chances are highest to get a flat? The things are a death trap on perfectly level pavement. The X-Jack is an airbag that lifts the Jeep 30 inches if needed, and mud or sand, it doesn't care.

That left room in the back for winch stuff like the snatch block and the like. Now I don't have to dig it out after unloading camping gear first when/if I need to winch something. My J-hook hitch piece, a shackle, a folding shovel, trucker's triangle reflector, and a few flares are crammed into that space now.
    Last edited by Adondo; 09-20-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Thread Information