Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2013

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    traffic is closed to all BUT Jeeps - gotta go XK-represent!
    Make sure you have that camera rolling... i want to see the video when the guy tells you to turn around because only Jeeps are allowed down the street! lol

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Cool

The FINAL pieces for my CB install have arrived (and if anyone knows a GOOD spot to drill a hole in a firewall, SING OUT WITH PICTURES!!!), so that should be my day off (Monday) project!

PICTURES to follow...
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Not so much what I did TO my XK, but what I did WITH my XK today. (Well, actually yesterday, and in 99 degree heat)

I yanked out two dead juniper trees/bushes. Two out of several others just died.

I rigged up webbing and a block to the weeping willow tree since I couldn't get an inline pull.

The little trees were only about five feet tall, but the Jeep was getting dragged a bit until the roots popped out like champagne corks. I guess pulling them up by hand was certainly not going to happen.
    Last edited by Adondo; 07-24-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Well, today I had it washed for the first time since the Superlift went on! It's nice to see I still fit through the car wash.

Fresh wheel alignment was done. The tech said my steering rack is OK.

I also finally put on my 4xGuard belly skid in preparation for this Sunday's Rausch Creek trip! Yay!

More edits: Last week was an oil change and front diff oil change. A week or two prior new rear upper control arms went on.
    Last edited by lekmedm; 07-26-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Explored a level-b road toady. Need to get out and do some actual wheeling.

2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    My XK's been severely neglected lately. Can't remember the last time I washed it. The kids "morning snacks" are taking over the floors lol (need to attach that with the shop vac).

Someday soon I hope to be able to start modding her and giving some TLC again.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    While getting a new battery the pepboy mechanics said they now love commanders after seeing mine. I truly love still getting compliments all the time. Makes me feel like im riding around in a classic muscle car!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Nice
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Mines dead, sitting there collecting dust. Need to find time to put this starter in, sounds like a blast to do
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Thumbs up

Forgot to mention that I finally replaced the aFe cone filter the other week. Decided to just go ahead and buy ANOTHER, so I could thoroughly clean the first one, and let it dry for several days. Then I re-oiled it, and sealed it back in the bag the new one came in. Not a lotta miles (15k maybe) since i installed it, but that was almost 2 years ago - it NEEDED cleaning!

GOOD thing is, I've picked up about 1 - 1.5mpg, now that it can breathe again!

And I washed it, and Armor-All'ed the trim today!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information