Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2013

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I go by the severe schedule which is 60k (however i did my filters at 42k... for no particular reason; so i'll be doing a drain/fill at 60k)
    How did you do your filters at 42k without doing a drain/fill when you changed them? Confused!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    How did you do your filters at 42k without doing a drain/fill when you changed them? Confused!
    lol because i obviously dropped the pan and changed that fluid; figured that was implied when i said i did my filters

@60k I'll use my fluid evacuator to suck all the fluid out of the trans pan and fill without messing with the seal. I'll probably keep doing that every ~20k until I hit 120k and put new filters in again (which at my current rate will be about 4 years from now)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    lol because i obviously dropped the pan and changed that fluid; figured that was implied when i said i did my filters

@60k I'll use my fluid evacuator to suck all the fluid out of the trans pan and fill without messing with the seal. I'll probably keep doing that every ~20k until I hit 120k and put new filters in again (which at my current rate will be about 4 years from now)
    Oh you made it sound like you just changed the filters at 42k (not the fluid) and the were going to do another service at 60k, now I understand. It didn't make sense at first when I read it
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Did some yardwork today
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'd like to see that tire on your roof!!

Finally got around to washing mine today..... can't remember the last time i cleaned her up

Also picked up some hardware to finally fix my 4XG sliders. I don't have a single rivet still in tact.... was a horrible idea using tiny aluminum rivets (i guess they'd be OK if i didn't beat them up like sliders...)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I don't think they make a roof rack strong enough to hold that beast!
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Bought the rest of the Ram Mounts (Legos! ) I need, to finish mounting my cb & scanner. Hope to get back AT that by next weekend, and git 'r' done by NEXT Monday!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Swapped out my halogen "alley" lights on the roof rack with Totron 27 watt flood lights. At only 2 amps and a daylight output, they'll also make great campsite lights. The 50W halogens were okay, but they look downright dim compared. (Yellowish light) These have a much wider flood pattern, and very even output. (No hotspots or artifacts) They reach out to about 75 feet.

Also, with LED's they're regulated, so as the battery voltage drops, they stay at 100% output. (HID's also do this) Ordinary "hot wire" lights dim as the battery voltage drops.

http://www.totron.com/led-work-light...led-work-light

Last edited by Adondo; 08-29-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Okay, I lied... it's not my XK actually, but the 300 instead. I added a "stealth" LED behind the grill. This one is a 20 inch dual row light, and it's BRIGHT! The light was supposed to be here today, but showed up a day early, so I got it mostly done last night. Actually, both LED orders were a day early, works for me.

Unlike the Jeep's two combo spot/flood single row bars, (a 30" and 40") this one is a spot pattern. Holding it directly (before installing it) makes a big spot on something. There's some scattering with the chrome grill, because like the Jeep, not only can I see about 1/2 a mile of pavement ahead, (And by "see" I mean every pebble and twig) but also the tops of telephone poles and trees, and even power lines overhead. I could go off-roading with this setup!

The only thing left now is to run the control switch and wiring to the dash. Now, it's just coiled up under the hood. The light bar follows the high beams, (like the 30" grill bar does on the Jeep) and the switch will be an "armed and ready" like I did in the Commander. (No manual on, only follow the high beams, or not) In the XK, the 40" roof rack bar is strictly off-road use and manual on/off.

You can kind of see it:

It's easier straight on from the front.

Last night, all mounted, but powered with test leads.

How it sits. It's solid, mounted to a heavy frame piece.

I cut out a square from the black 1/2" thick styrofoam, then used self drilling 3/8" bolts. The frame piece is about 1/8" thick.
    Last edited by Adondo; 08-30-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Nice.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information