Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2013

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1USMC View Post
    The War Wagon > What did you use on your wheels ? Armor A..

Nice Job.. Looks Great.....!
    On sale for $4.99 at my local Advance Auto yesterday, so that's what I used!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    I'll have to give it a try.. I like how it looks and definitely like the sale price !

Thanks..

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Solved my Foxwing awning support pole storage problem.

I was getting tired of the poles laying crossways behind the seats, always in the way when the seats are folded down. Built a tube with 3 inch PVC. Now, they're always there, but not in the way inside.

2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I need to build a tube for mine. Great idea.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Love the doggie in the window!

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    looking great.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

That's Jack, my "micro coyote." (He's a Pomeranian, with "wolf sable" coloring) He has to supervise what I'm doing. He'll bark at the shop door until I let him in.

I used the rest of the pipe and made a longer one on the other side, and now my walking stick goes into that one. I've always expected the thing to punch a window out on a hard trail from its sliding around. (or poking someone's eye out) I've put it on the roof rack, but then it gets plastered filthy, and I have to clean it off before using it, so half the time it gets left behind on a hike. I need the thing for flipping rattlesnakes out of my way if nothing else. My stick is 5 feet long, and I've had it forever. There's badges/medallions from about every national park nailed onto it.

One more thing I did was make a "wrench" for the caps with a piece of oak 1x3. I used the milling machine to make a 1 5/8" square hole in the middle of an 8 inch long piece, and rounded the corners on the belt sander. I can torque the caps tight real easy, so the average parking lot thief can't just walk up and unscrew it/them. The wooden piece goes into the mesh storage thing on the driver's side in the back. It's very light and not like packing a heavy pipe wrench.

On edit:
    Oh yeah, last night I tossed the factory jack out. With an ARB X-Jack, why bother? Besides, would YOU want to use that silly unstable thing on a dirt trail which is where the chances are highest to get a flat? The things are a death trap on perfectly level pavement. The X-Jack is an airbag that lifts the Jeep 30 inches if needed, and mud or sand, it doesn't care.

That left room in the back for winch stuff like the snatch block and the like. Now I don't have to dig it out after unloading camping gear first when/if I need to winch something. My J-hook hitch piece, a shackle, a folding shovel, trucker's triangle reflector, and a few flares are crammed into that space now.
    Last edited by Adondo; 09-20-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Had a busy one today...

Oil Change
    Tire rotation
    Drain/Fill Coolant
    New P/S fluid in the reservoir
    Replaced upper balljoint boots
    Cleaned & lubed all bushings

(Then the wifes car...)

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Washed it!
    09 WK Laredo 4x4 in Brilliant Black-Stock
    05 KJ LTD 4x4 in Light Khaki: Mopar hooks, All skids, Huskyliners, Diggerized license plate frame, OME/Bilstein Lift, JBA UCA's, 245/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    07 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 in Java Black- 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Previous relevant vehicles: 05 Dodge Durango 4x2 Hemi Limited 99 WJ Laredo 4.0 SelecTrac

Over this last weekend, I remodeled the storage area. I figured it out too, ever since I bought the X-Jack, I've ended up with the under-the-floor space AND a storage box on top. I've HATED it for the last couple of years. So, I started rethinking it all. The X-Jack took up about 85% of the under-floor space, shoving the rest into the locker box.

The X-Jack takes up a lot of space underneath, and both jacks (the factory one and a floor jack) have been thrown out. So... I rebuilt the storage by removing the old floor jack partition, then making a "well" for the X-Jack.

The storage box is now GONE, no longer taking 40% of the space back there!! I did the math: after redoing the storage space with the new X-Jack well, there's 5,913 cubic inches of box space. Now, EVERYTHING is underneath, and I have my cargo floor back again! THe X-Jack only takes up 4" of space from the side.

The lid had to be notched out for the new well.

Added a P clamp to a trim screw in the grab handle. (Which was for the 3rd row seat, and will never get used again) That way, a bungy holds it in place.

The X-jack removed.

And, the spaces crammed. That's plural because the one by the door sill have ready items there, such as road flares, the winch control, trucker's triangle, a folding shovel, etc. The Turbo 360 is an LED "road flare" with a 'rotating' pattern. (Some fire depts. have them)

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread Information