Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2013

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar
    what brand is that light bar? im interested in one.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Totron.

http://www.totron.com

Frankly, I see no reason to spend $1,500 on a bar when you can do $300.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Rotated the tires and extended the rear JKS sway bar links another inch. So now they are two inches longer than stock links and the sway bar/end links are at just about a 90 degree angle. Corners much better now with a lot less body roll
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Which way do you rotate these beasts?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Just rotated my tires and changed the front diff oil. Cleaned up my brakes, added silicone to the back of the pads... going for a drive in a bit to see if any of that took care of some noises im getting.

I rotate Rear straight forward. Cross fronts to the rear. The L/F goes into the spare, the spare goes to the R/R.

I used to rotate the rears straight forward and cross the fronts to the rear. But now I just do rear to front, front to rear and don't cross them. They get really loud when you start changing the direction that the tire has been used to spinning
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Thats what I was afraid of, read that on another forum but they were talking about 35's..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Plus our MT/R's are picky

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Exclamation

Had it towed across town to the dealership, for a dead starter. The ironic thing is, it died in the parking lot at Monro Muffler, as I had gone down there - where my Ramcharger is being resurrected - to drop off for them, a new...

... starter.

Found out it wasn't covered by the warranty, which NEVER seems to cover much of anything. ALSO discovered I have loose U-joints up front (which I didn't know - Geez... I wonder if the POWERTRAIN warranty will cover THAT? ), and leaky tranny lines (which I DID know). If the warranty won't cover the U-joints, I'm getting that AND the leaky tranny lines fixed at Monro!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Yeah, tell me about the warranty crap.

When my wheel sensor died, I took it to the local-yokal stealership. While it was there, they told me the ball joints were bad and need replaced. Of course, the warranty is denied because I have a lift kit and big tires installed.

Gee, a Jeep with a lift kit and bigger tires? REALLY?!? HOW UNUSUAL for anyone with a Jeep to do what's generally the FIRST upgrade a new Jeep gets. Give me a break.

I'm thinking of cancelling that extended warranty, because something like the sunroof will fail, and it will be denied because it has a lift kit and bigger tires.

Oh, and the ball joints that the dealer wanted $1,300 to replace? I took it to a buddy who owns a frame and alignment shop. His guys said "they're a bit worn, but bring it back in about 10,000 miles, and we'll put a set of greasable joints on it." (And for about $650 too) I'd have had them fix my wheel sensor, but they don't have any way to hook to diagnostics on the Jeep.
    Last edited by Adondo; 02-22-2013 at 10:09 AM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information