Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Nation We Live in

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar

The Nation We Live in

So a couple of buddies and I went to go see Zero Dark Thirty ( great movie from what I have seen). Interesting when I say what I have seen right?

Well we were through about 85% of the movie, and all of a sudden the emergency alarm goes off. I say emergency alarm because that what is says now, not a fire - but an emergency. Instantly I think WTF is going down. I grab my blade that I carry all the time and have it ready.

What has it come to? I mean 5 years ago we would have just thought oh well a fire drill or something like that... now its like OK what is happening and how can I defend myself.

I dont have a CCW permit and never really thought I wanted one, but last night really made me think about getting one. (not that I could carry in the theater legally anyways).

Just stuff to think about, something that really came out of nowhere for me.
    Last edited by Knappster; 01-15-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Things are crazy right now man, I completely agree! I think everyone should think about personal safety and protecting themselves. As our horrendous, limit the power of the people gov't passes stricter gun laws, we as citizens are going to be less effective against criminals and terrorists, in addition less effective in over throwing an unjust gov't. I know I may sound ridiculous to some, but remember how we won the Revolution, militia and the 2nd amendment was put in there so we can have a "well regulated militia" and have the means "to over throw an unjust government". just thought to consider. Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Our policy is to carry 24/7, I was not always good at that but I do carry far more now than ever before.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Our policy is to carry 24/7, I was not always good at that but I do carry far more now than ever before.
    Jon, its scarey in NY with the new legislation. Whats more, NY is the hardest to get a CCW and doesnt honor any other states license. But those who dont abide by the laws have the ability to do as they please with no way for us to protect ourselves..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Jon, its scarey in NY with the new legislation. Whats more, NY is the hardest to get a CCW and doesnt honor any other states license. But those who dont abide by the laws have the ability to do as they please with no way for us to protect ourselves..
    Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6...

I carried in NC LONG before they got CCW - I didn't get my first permit 'til I was 32, but I've had one ever since. I'm a big guy, so I'm partial to carrying a 1911, mainly because I can... but i also have a couple of pocket .45's & a Taurus 605... just so I can pocket carry even on a moment's notice, if necessary.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Damn, you carry a 1911?!?!? Definitely a guy Id want on my side, hand cannon!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Funny how posting this story on FB has changed things... Im tentatively going to take the CCW course on Jan 27th!
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Thats a great idea!

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    As is mine, even when I was in AZ between christmas and new years.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    I have my CCW and I only carry when I am going into a location that gets me on edge (Philadelphia has many of these). I only carry a Ruger SR9 (9mm). I don't find it necessarry to carry a high caliber handgun for every day carry. The power of a 9 and even a .22 will protect you when needed.

I do not carry all the time but I understand why people do.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information