Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Nation We Live in

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Yeah, I mean Im still really on the fence if I really NEED a CCW permit, let alone carry a gun all the time. I would mainly keep it in my jeep.

Though having a CCW makes it easier to purchase a handgun, so im still on the fence if I should drop the $80 permit + $40 (private discounted class) or not. Didnt mean for this to turn into a CCW discussion but it seems it has gone that way!
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    I have my CCW and I only carry when I am going into a location that gets me on edge (Philadelphia has many of these). I only carry a Ruger SR9 (9mm). I don't find it necessarry to carry a high caliber handgun for every day carry. The power of a 9 and even a .22 will protect you when needed.

I do not carry all the time but I understand why people do.
    Carry whatever is comfortable for you, for me that is the 1911, as it is the handgun I can shoot the best.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I got my permit because I figured it would never get any easier but only harder as time goes on to get one. I say do it, hell I got my when I was living in CA which didn't even honor the permit I got (non-resident UT) just so I will hopefully have an easier time getting my resident permit now that I actually live somewhere..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I want to get it but cause I live in NY but not a resident I can not get one as the dont issue them to non residents and do not accept any other states. Personally if I could I would, wish this country could get it together and have a uniform license with proper backround checking and have the license valid throughout the country and Id even be ok if it would change in your larger matro areas, like NYC, LA, MIA etc...
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Im going to attend the class, figured why not. Plus I will learn a bunch of Info and that would be worth the 40 bucks alone.

Since I dont have a gun, im going to borrow a friends to go to the class with.
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6...

I carried in NC LONG before they got CCW - I didn't get my first permit 'til I was 32, but I've had one ever since. I'm a big guy, so I'm partial to carrying a 1911, mainly because I can... but i also have a couple of pocket .45's & a Taurus 605... just so I can pocket carry even on a moment's notice, if necessary.

I have 2 main ones I carry
    Springfield GI Champ Mil Spec 4" 1911 or a H&K Full Size USP 40.
    Happy with both. If I am not at work, I will have one of them with me at all times. I am not going to give someone a chance to harm my family or me if I have something to say about it.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I don't carry as often as I should (should be always! If I knew when/where something bad was going to happen I could just avoid it...) but I have been carrying a lot more lately. I NEVER travel without at least one.

Kimber Tactical Ultra - 3" 1911 either open carry in a Galco Paddlelite holster or concealed in a Galco Kingtuk. Either a Ruger LC9 or LCR for light summer carry.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brendon View Post
    Kimber Tactical Ultra - 3" 1911 either open carry in a Galco Paddlelite holster or concealed in a Galco Kingtuk. Either a Ruger LC9 or LCR for light summer carry.
    Mini-Kimbers are nice. I have an Ultra Covert II. Would never have shelled out three & a half bills for the laser grips, if they hadn't come as party of the package!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Mini-Kimbers are nice. I have an Ultra Covert II. Would never have shelled out three & a half bills for the laser grips, if they hadn't come as party of the package!
    That is a BA gun.

Going to submit my paperwork for my CCW tomorrow. The course was great, and I encourage anyone to take it, or even a general handgun/gun course.

Going to get an XD9 or 40 Subcompact for car/carry - Shot the fullsize and fell in love with the feel. Going to try a friends 40 subcompact next weekend to see how the little frame feels.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Personally I can't comfortably conceal a fullsize xd9, I'm 6'3 200lbs, normally wear a tshirt/jeans and I felt like I was printing all the time. It's great when I would wear a jacket though..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information