Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Bad Luck Continues...

Senior Member Getting Dirty ItsMeKO3's Avatar

My Bad Luck Continues...

So over the last couple of days, my WK and I haven't exactly been getting along well. First it was the constant battle I've been having with a brake dragging, and needing new brakes. At the same time when I'm trying to figure out where its dragging and how to fix it, I see something leaking underneath towards the rear. Thanks to you guys, I found out its the pinion seal. Apparently not a tough fix, but being the middle of January, with no garage, and limited tools, its not something I can try to tackle right now. I decided today to make an appointment with my bro and law to take it in to have it looked at, which was supposed to be tomorrow. So tonight, I pick up my 3 buddies and we head to our men's league hockey game. When we get done we all load up and get in, and I go to start it... and nothing. I've got lights, radio, everything... but no start. I thought maybe the battery is drained and doesn't have enough juice?? So we tried to jump it and nothing. My next thought is the starter. I had a starter go bad on my last vehicle and I remember I pounded on it with a rubber hammer just to get it started so I could get it to the shop. Well I'm not very mechanically inclined by any means, and myself nor a couple other guys trying to help could find the damn thing. I looked up on my phone, and it said its on the passenger side, bottom of the engine, towards the back of the vehicle. Still no luck. So by this time its 1130, its freezing cold, and I'm just plain frustrated. Thankfully one of my buddies called his girlfriend and she came and picked us up. Its just so weird because there was no signs of any problems at all today when I went to and from work, went to my bro in laws house, nothing. And its never happened before. So I guess I'll have to have to towed to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully its something simple, but I'm not very optimistic. Thanks for listening to my rant lol.

P.S. To make things worse, we lost 4-3 to end a 7 game win streak!
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Man I feel your pain. Keep in mind the other issues you have are very minor.... bend the shield, slap on some brakes and have the pinion seal replaced when you have a chance.

Getting stranded is no fun though. Starter, wiring harness or maybe the ignition switch. (Or the battery and you need a lesson on jump starting lol)

Let us know how it pans out!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    The starter is located on the drivers side (not the passenger). Like Matt said, the issues you are having are easy to fix.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Yea thankfully the others are a simple fix. I just talked to the parts manager at my dealer, good friend and he can fix just about anything. He also said he thinks the starter is on the drivers side. He gave me a couple of things to try, so I'll be headed there after work to try to get it going. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I don't think it's on the drivers side. I know it is!!! I have replaced mine already.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Hahaha good to know. Im contemplating whether or not I should go over and try to get it started after work, or just have it towed. Its $150 to have it towed to the dealer. But is it worth it to try and dick with it? I was going to try and check the connections but I'm not even sure I'll be able to get to it.

2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Its not too hard to get to but you'll have to take the suspension skid off, then reach your arm up there and jiggle the wires...that $150 buys your front brakes!

Yea that's true lol. Its probably worth a shot. The skid its just 4 bolts right?

2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Yup.... the front two bolts you just loosen, then remove the rear two bolts, then slide it forward and it drops down. I think they're 13mm....

Thanks guys. Hopefully it'll just be a bad connection. I'll let you know.

2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information