Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Bad Luck Continues...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    most likely it is the starter harness, I have had the same issue. I sprayed the heck out of the area around with wd-40 and the intermitten start went away. I know I will need to get that harness replaced because of all the mud & dirt that got up there around the starter
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty ItsMeKO3's Avatar
    So there's good news, and there's bad news (for me not you guys lol). The good news is I managed to save that $150. I got back over to my Jeep tonight to try to figure out what was wrong. I crawled underneath, and found the starter in about 30 seconds. Real easy to find when you're looking in the right general area lol. I managed to get to it without having to remove the skid, and I tapped on it a few times with a pry bar while my brother in law turned the key. After about the 5th hit it fired up. So I drove it straight to the dealership, and we put it right inside so when the guys get there in the morning it won't be frozen, and they won't have to push it in. So the bad news is it sounds likes its a bad starter...? I'm guessing the starter will be a bit over $100, and I think labor is around $70/hour. So it'll probably end up being a couple hundred bucks.
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Glad you saved the $150 at least.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ItsMeKO3's Avatar
    I just realized I never posted as to what the outcome was. Luckily they got looking at the starter and it just ended up being as bad connection. He snipped it off, and then soldered a new one on. Thankfully it didn't cost me a dime. :thumbup:

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Thats a good result, gotta have a win sometimes!
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information