Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XK Rear Cargo Storage Box

Administrator
    Blog Entries

XK Rear Cargo Storage Box

The Steel Armadillo is glad to be able to add another product to our line of quality products for the Jeep Commander. We have just completed the prototype for the Rear Cargo Storage Box and although this is just the prototype it looks like it will be an affordable addition to your Commander.

You will have to remove your third row seat to fully install this item but it looks like it will lay across the top if you choose to leave your third row seats installed.

The prototype unit weighs 80 lbs and is approximately 34" deep x 42.5" wide and 6" tall, it looks as if I can add another 1.5" to the final version.

The current lock is under review as I may change the style to those found on cargo beds on utility trucks for even more security as that would have a locking mechanism that turns and locks in to both sides instead on one center point.

The prototype is 1" too long for those who have the rear air crossover and the production model will be shorted by 1" to accommodate that.

There will be a final accessory to install between the box and the tailgate trim which will cover the plastic crossover tube for those with the rear air.

Please check out the photos, ask questions and help me make this the perfect upgrade for your interior.

The prototype is available for sale and testing to the first person who wants it, I cannot install it in my jeep because I have the rear air and it will not clear the duct unless I trim the plastic (which could be done with very little effort if you want to do so and the air will still flow).
    Last edited by Knappster; 01-18-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Looks good. I wouldn't mind one but im afraid what shipping might cost.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    What is the price?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Thats some nice work there Jon!
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stites-xk View Post
    What is the price?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Production run will be $495 and I have to make 5 to make any money on these (but I need one of the five).

The prototype is $450 plus shipping.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Shipping kills a lot of sales!

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Have you ever looked into Greyhound for shipping? I remember guys who used them for shipping axles and other heavy/large items and saved LOTS of money. The caveat is you have to drop of, and the buyer needs to pick up at Greyhound locations. But hell if it saves $200+ in shipping I don't mind driving 30-40 minutes to the bus station and picking it up!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Have you ever looked into Greyhound for shipping? I remember guys who used them for shipping axles and other heavy/large items and saved LOTS of money. The caveat is you have to drop of, and the buyer needs to pick up at Greyhound locations. But hell if it saves $200+ in shipping I don't mind driving 30-40 minutes to the bus station and picking it up!
    Bus freighter.com from Phoenix to New York is $68.00

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Jackpot!

Member Looking for Dirt JumpmasterRT's Avatar
    Does it sit flat or raised by the spare tire crank bolt?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
    2008 4.7 Liter XK Limited 4x4 | RC 2" Suspension Lift | MB TKO Wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information