Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XK Rear Cargo Storage Box

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    VERY sharp - me LIKEY!!!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpmasterRT View Post
    Does it sit flat or raised by the spare tire crank bolt?
    It will sit flat, the photo is raised as it is sitting on the A/C/ vent but the shorter version will clear and sit lower and most likely bolt down using the third row seat bolts that are in the floor.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Would you be interested in making these to fit the Dodge Ramcharger/Plymouth Trailduster? The cool thing is, the dimensions are identical for the whole 20 year run of the truck ('74 - '93). If you'd like, I can direct you to an entire website full of business!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Would you be interested in making these to fit the Dodge Ramcharger/Plymouth Trailduster? The cool thing is, the dimensions are identical for the whole 20 year run of the truck ('74 - '93). If you'd like, I can direct you to an entire website full of business!
    Certainly, I just need to get the measurements.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Certainly, I just need to get the measurements.
    Your reputation certainly precedes you in XK's, but if you could, mosey over to http://ramchargercentral.com/index.php and introduce yourself, I think you'll find a receptive crowd.

NOW that my RC is going to BE restored, it's going to become MY trail rig, and my XK will remain a DD, which I will continue to tweak on from time to time. A lockbox like this though, would be awesome in the RC - especially if it were about an inch wider than an AK or AR - it would make the transport of all KINDS of goodies much easier - especially given the fact it's gonna be HUGE in the back of those beasts!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Your reputation certainly precedes you in XK's, but if you could, mosey over to http://ramchargercentral.com/index.php and introduce yourself, I think you'll find a receptive crowd.

NOW that my RC is going to BE restored, it's going to become MY trail rig, and my XK will remain a DD, which I will continue to tweak on from time to time. A lockbox like this though, would be awesome in the RC - especially if it were about an inch wider than an AK or AR - it would make the transport of all KINDS of goodies much easier - especially given the fact it's gonna be HUGE in the back of those beasts!
    I will drop in over there, but I spend a lot of money in R&D for stuff people ask for and then nobody buys some of these things. Hard to make a profit and stay in business this way.
    Last edited by Knappster; 01-21-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I will drop in over there, but I spend a lot of money in R&D for stuff people ask for and then nobody buys some of these things. Hard to make a profit and stay in business this way.
    I'd definitely take some PAID pre-orders. Maybe if we can get enough lined up, you could announce a price, and we can start writing checks!
    Last edited by Knappster; 01-21-2013 at 12:12 PM.

That would be awesome to have in my rig, but I have 4 kids to drive around from time to time.
    Last edited by Erk469; 01-21-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: misspelling
    " A person is officailly missing after 24 hrs, unless they are in a Jeep!"

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    If this was for the WK and it slid out instead of lifting up I would be in. I need a place for my guns, but I put too much crap in the back already to have to move it all the time to get in there.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I have two pre-orders at $495, anyone else want to get in on this?

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information