Hi Guys - I am relatively new here... I've been posting for a couple of weeks but never got to post to the new members section. But better late than never right?

I come from a long line of Jeeps since my first car. My first car was a 1985 Jeep Cherokee with the AWESOME 2.8L V-6. My parents gave it to me and all I knew at that time was that it has an engine. Needless to say the engine died (badly) one day on the highway. It was a sign.

I sold it for $500 and went and bought a 1995 Grand Cherokee. Wow what a difference. Still only knew it had an engine... nothing else. BUT I knew I WANTED to know more. So I wanted to make it bigger and the first thing I did was by a set of Procomp ES3000 shocks. I was scared to death putting them on and studied the Haynes Manual night and day until I put them on. Looking back now I just laugh as I can replace shocks in 20 minutes now with my eyes closed. SO I put a 2 inch BB lift and 31 inch BFG All terrains on it and beat on it for 3 years.

80,000 miles later I found a 98 5.9L with a 2 inch lift and 31s that I had to have. Traded the 95 and cash and Now i had the beginnings of a monster. In the 6 years I had that Jeep it went from the 2 inch spacer lift with 31 inch all terrains to a 7.5 inch long arm kit and Goodyear MTR 35s. There wasn't anything this thing couldn't Conquer! Lockers, HD transfer case, Chromoly axle shafts, etc. - this thing was tank. Accept for one thing.... ice. Ice sucks. Here is why ice sucks:http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_...019_medium.jpg Needless to say... the jeep was destroyed by slipping on the ice. So I stripped off all the parts and found ANOTHER 5.9L in VA for $800. Sold what ever parts I didnt' need (interior) and made it all back and then some.

In 6 months time I had Silver 5.9 Beast 2.0. I had it for a little over a year and half and had a great time with it. But then we found out my wife was pregnant with Twins and 3 kids in a WK was not to be. SO I tried selling the ZJ but the right buyer never came along so I ended up trading it in and getting a 2008 Nissan Quest (the space ship as we call it). I ended up with my wife's 2006 WK Hemi Overland - not a bad consolation prize but over all a set back in my off-roading world.

So that brings me to now. I have put an old man emu HD lift kit on it with Bilstein struts and shocks. I bought a used set of BFG Mud Terrains off a kid on Craigslist for $50 (yes $50!) They are about 50% tread life so not too bad! I put a dynomax ultra flow muffler on and cut off the resonator. I bought a superchips programmer (great mod - totally fixed the crappy the throttle response). I changed the thermostat to a 180 degree stat. I bought a K&N CAI the minute it rolled off the dealer lot when I got it for my wife. Now I have some armor laying in my garage waiting to get put on so I can take it to Rausch Creek!

And that's me in a nut shell... glad to be here and meet some new friends (believe it or not I lost some friends - including my best friend - when I traded in the ZJ!)