Quote Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
great- exactly the info i was looking for. i have the stock length MML in the rear as well with my BB. however, once i take out my BB and leave the MLL i was going to use her as a DD and towrig maybe. but i was curious how harsh the MLLs would be and how i would compensate for the boost they gave/give me. sounds like you found the right solution. thank you sir.
No problem! I don't think the MLL's were that stiff. Some people don't mind, others do. Part of the problem for me might've been the fact that I was stock in the front so I thought it felt a little bit unbalanced IMO. Also when going over bigger bumps, the MLL's just felt less willing to use travel (which makes sense) which made the ride suffer and gave a sort of harder landing. I also like the peace of mind of having less stress on the shock mounts, which weren't really designed to hold a lot of load. Although it probably wouldn't be a problem, this is what I tow a lot and it clearly has a lot of tongue weight:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20120809_200206.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	1806

Name:	IMG_20120609_153004.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	1807

This was a heavy one...

Name:	IMG_20120605_152214.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	1808

Bottom line, if you're willing to spend the extra money on Bilsteins, XK coils, and coil spacers, I think it is a better set up and I know I enjoy driving it much more now. I'll post towing impressions next time I have it hooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Those bilsteins, depending on model, may be longer than the oem shocks. Not a big deal regardless.

And yessir.... used to be an ASE certified tech, now a mechanical engineer (B.S. working towards M.S.) w/aerospace cert.
Very cool! Also, I'll be sure to check the length of the Bilsteins next time I'm working on the Jeep (Thursday). I didn't notice a difference in length, but it would certainly be welcomed...